RGIS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.0

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Inventory Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RGIS in August 2017.

Interview

It's a joke.

An sent out an email a few hours after you fill out the application. There's options for an interview time, usually 3 different days the next week. One days it's morning, the next is afternoon, the next is evening. In the email they tell you to dress business casual and bring 2 forms of id's.

The actually interview; group interview because mass hire. The woman in charge had no idea how many people were supposed to be there, as more people came in the more we all had to shift our chairs to fit around the tiny room with a huge table.

To many of us in a small room, about 4 ft away from this tiny laptop that showed the 'video about the job.' Not even a speakers connected so we all had to be really quiet because it only gets so loud. The laptop was sitting on an old box tv screen that had a little shelf under it that had empty clear VHS cases.
    Between sections of the video we get to ask our questions. Which were answered with "not really..." or "in the ---- section it talks about that."

Then we were given a 30 second introduction on how to use the scanning machine. She spent a good minute or two trying to find barcode sheets so we could practice while she did the 1 on 1 interviews. Her desk was an abomination. Ended up finding "I guess you can use these" copies in a cabinet.

1on1; not even 2 minutes. Asked to describe yourself in a minute or less. Asked about transportation. Then told you'll get an email by tomorrow giving an offer or declining of an offer, and was thanked for coming in. Didn't do anything with the 2 forms of id's. Didn't even follow the video when it said "you'll be made an offer at the end of the interview and be given your shirt." But surpringly enough was told you can buy the shoes they offer right there. Talking to a few of the other people from their interview, was told that their's went very similarly.

3 days later, nothing. Def not accepting now, if there's ever a reply.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RGIS (Rapid City, SD) in June 2017.

Interview

Sat in a group interview to watch a video describing the job and what RGIS is. They however didn't want me because they're looking for someone who has no life and will give them 100% of their time, even though I was told they had flexable hours around my current schedule . I was turned down because I already had a job and was a student, so I wasn't flexible enough for them. I wish they would ask this crap during the initial applications because it would have saved everyone time considering I left my current job to go interview with them because they didn't have multiple interview dates. Not Impressed at all my the district management either. They weren't rude, but not very sociable either. If you have any normal life things/events, such as personal plans, kids, school, another job, or family things, don't even bother applying here. You're made to believe it's flexible, but all schedules have to be approved in advance and if you don't agree with how they scheduled you then you can kiss your job goodbye too. Lastly, they travel a lot. You're expected to pay the first hour of travel anywhere on your own, then they pay for every hour after, however, they didn't mention in the initial interview that they travel everywhere and you are expected to get up and make that so many hour commute to where they are, if you're late, they will terminate you from the company.

Interview Questions

• What are your available times?   1 Answer

Inventory Taker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RGIS in February 2017.

Interview

The interview seemed to be going alright however I felt as if I was being judged based on my responses in terms of availability. This was NOT for a full time position it was strictly for a part time position and this is what I had wanted. The hours were all over the place and I did not have enough time think about that. I was asked about possibly commuting 30 miles one direction where I of course responded "that should be fine." I was only being honest with my answers. He said that work times are based on your availability and I obviously would not choose a place where I'd have to commute long distances because the gas would end up being more expensive than the $10 per hour I'm getting. It was at this point that the interviewer abruptly said that "this interview is over". I was actually quite shocked and it was the worst interview experience I've ever had. This gentleman works at the RGIS office in Fort Worth, TX District 168. 3509 Hulen Street. This is by no means a career position and I was simply trying to be respectful and was definitely caught off guard from a manager that is supposed to be representing their company in a professional and fair manner. He also made a comment about me living overseas because he thought it might be a problem that I do not know my way around the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Well thanks to modern technology we have GPS in 2017 so if I was able to navigate all throughout Europe with a map then I'm sure I'll be just fine in my home country. Thank you for those who read this and I hope you do not have to experience this. It's not that I believe RGIS is a bad company however this gentleman needs to do a better job.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?

You do realize this is strictly part time right?

Since you lived overseas would it affect how well you are familiar with the DFW area?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RGIS (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I was led to a room and given a piece of paper with all days of the weeks and hours in 15 minuted increments. I was told to to mark in the areas showing hours and days I would be available. I was led out into the hall and told discretely that I would not be considered unless I could work on Sundays. The interview ended immediately after I stated I could not work on Sundays. There is really nothing more to say to make this 50 words as the entire process of being screened out took less than 15 minutes. It would have been helpful to know that was a requirement before I drove the 10+ miles there and back.

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Killeen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RGIS (Killeen, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

You walk in watch an interview about the job and pay with a group of people. It was only two of us. After the video you walk to the back for a one on on and basically the only thing you get asked is times you can work.

Inventory Taker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RGIS (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

I scheduled the interview on internet for noon, arrived 10 min early but was ask to return at 12:10 and stay outside because the office didn't have a waiting place for applicants. When I came back the information process was already started. The person who asked me to came later told me to reschedule in a very bad manner. My first impression of this company is so bad that I take the time to write this review. Do not recommend this company because the way they treat people even during the hiring process!

Inventory Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RGIS (Pensacola, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional and confusing interview I have ever had. I applied online and had an interview that I scheduled in 2 days. Upon entering the building, the office was oddly dark, and there was only 2 people inside. I was sat down and asked to watch a 20 minute video with breaks in between to ask questions. After the video, I was told along the lines of "We have more people to interview; we will call you." The next day, I was denied the job over the phone. The only questions I was asked were what my name was and what college I go to. What a joke and waste of my time. I seriously do not understand what that interview was. I made sure to wear appropriate business attire and my appearance was clean. The interviewer was wandering around a bit as well while I watched the video, along with staring at me awkwardly during the video

Interview Questions

• There were none. Not a single question other then my name and what school I go to. Extremely strange.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Friendswood, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RGIS (Friendswood, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes to my interview only to be immediately turned away and asked to reschedule because I am wearing blue jeans. My email said dress business casual which is usually nice jeans and a nice shirt. This position was offered at a $9/hr and I did not think that that pay dictates a more formal outfit to interview in.

Taleo Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RGIS (Auburn Hills, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Once applied, was contacted by HR to set up phone interview. After that, I was brought on site to speak with hiring manager. The process was simple and straightforward. When searching for new jobs the hiring process can be lengthy, but at RGIS it was not at all. I overall had a great experience.

Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RGIS (Auburn Hills, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

3 months. One recruiter interview. 1 Svp/vp interview. Went silent for a month. Flew me to Michigan for final interview. Went silent again and didn't seem to care to be honest. I was one of two total people who was flown in and one would think there would be a higher level of connectivity.