RGIS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RGIS Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RGIS (Melville, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

So easy anyone can get dont waste your time worst job ever

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RGIS (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

They play a video of how Inventory works, rules and regulations of the company then a manager comes in and asks you if you would accept the job. you fill out some papers and the job is yours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Theirs no negotiating you either accept or don't.

Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RGIS (Tarrytown, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online through Snagajob. The Application consist of personality questions as well as math problems. A week later I was sent an email to schedule a interview. The "interview" is merely just a presentation on what the job entails and you accepting the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Inventory Taker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RGIS (Moorestown, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

After an online skills/personality test, they bring you in for a group presentation and if you're interested make the job offer. You have to pass a criminal background check after in order to start working, but the interview was no pressure at all.

Inventory Taker Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RGIS in May 2012.

Interview

Upon entering the building I was greeted by several friendly faces and given introductions. I was then invited to sit at a nearby table and watch a video giving the basics on the job. Afterward the area manager/interviewer asked me to join him in his private office for some personal questions and to demonstrate an ability to use the equipment properly. I successfully demonstrated ease of use and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of heights?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RGIS (Auburn Hills, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

Fairly easy, you sit and watch an introductory video.
    You'll be asked to sign the contract right after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Inventory Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RGIS in July 2012.

Interview

I found a friendly office. There was a video introducing the company and job, and quick interview. Peppy talk from interviewer. Spoke about hiring from within with opprotunity for advancement. Advised us of the salary and possible bonuses.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No comment

Inventory Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RGIS.

Interview

Went in, watched a series of videos and was then given a packet to read through (how the job works). Immediately after, I was given the choice to take or decline the job. It wasn't really even an interview. I was a bit slighted that I dressed up for nothing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in New Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RGIS (New Port Richey, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview was very simple. It was more an explanation of what the company does and how to your job, rather than an interrogation of your resume and character. not to say RGIS does not want qualified applicants, but it is a very simple job. Most people I met while working there were either uneducated or well over qualified. Only a few were rude or difficult to work with. I did make friends.

I mentioned it was simple. Yes, it is. But, you need to be detailed and patient to do this job. Scanning bar codes on retail items for 4-5 hours, with little or no break, can be very boring and mindless to some. I liked it because it gave me time to think about things. My interviewer mentioned this aspect of the job, so I had an idea of how to approach the first few shifts.

The recruiter does explain the odd hours you may work. Listen to this carefully! Sometimes you work 5am-11am, then later that day, 5pm-1am. Depending on your availability, this is a good way to get more hours. However, the two shifts may be an hour away from each, or from your home. There is an employee van for those longer trips (<30 miles from office), but most of the time you are responsible to get to and from the locations. Carpooling is essential, especially with gas prices these days.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember anything difficult or unexpected asked of me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Their pay scale is based on performance. The more hours you work and the more items per hour you scan, the better your pay. I think I started at +/- $8.00 an hour, but some weeks made +-$10.00 after I worked consistently and at larger stores. (You can also lose your higher status and go back down in pay.)

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RGIS (Overland Park, KS) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied to RGIS through a job website. I don't remember if it was Snagajob or Careerbuilder. The web application included a basic math skills test and sight counting evaluation. I recieved a call about a week after I applied. I was asked to come in on a Wednesday for an interview. I met with the District Manager. She explained how I did on the tests and then described the job. Being a position for the travel team, she explained the general schedule for when I would be out of town, and asked if there would be any problem with it. We also discussed the different payments auditors recieve. When I accepted the position, I was asked to go to a local hospital and submit a sample for a drug test. She recieved the results that same day and told me to report back to the office on Friday for introductory training. I worked my first store the Sunday after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for this position. As an hourly position, there are set levels of payment depending on the auditor's current level within the company. Pay is not dependent upon length of service, rather on skill level.