RGM Advisors, LLC Quantitative Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RGM Advisors, LLC Quantitative Researcher Interview Questions

2.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RGM Advisors, LLC (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interviews then onsite. Nice Corp office and location, everyone I met with was nice and bright. Mostly probing questions to pick my brain about a trading strategy I developed with some technical questions as an add on to the probe to see how you discovered and implemented alpha generation. I provided them with accurate information that was 'public' knowledge, however, for the true 'non-public' alpha discovery, I had to throw them down a rabbit hole to waste their time in case I did not proceed to next round of the process. If you see them rigorously writing notes while asking very pointed questions, well its kind of obvious to what they were up to, though I don't blame them and I have done the same thing myself; business is business, it was well within the moral limits. Even though I did not proceed to next round, I have high respect in this firm and the people.

Interview Questions

• Even though you can google most questions and have an answer in 10 seconds, you need to memorize some scripting commands and some basics about learning algorithms. Other things to, but you can learn the hard way like I had to, I'm not a charity.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for RGM Advisors, LLC

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RGM Advisors, LLC in May 2014.

Interview

Online resume drop, phone interview scheduled by email.

The interview was a brief resume walk through with an extremely friendly recruiter. Seems like they are looking for folks with production experience, ready to bring a strategy over. Overall experience is consistent with the image they project online: technically competent but "laid back".

Interview Questions

• The only unexpected feature was an absence of technical questions or a follow up problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RGM Advisors, LLC (Austin, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

It was a short phone interview with HR manager. Very general questions about my background and experience in machine learning and development. Interviewer gave cold comments on my answers. It took less than 10 minutes. It was obvious that I wouldn't hear back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RGM Advisors, LLC (Austin, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

I had a first round interview with RGM which consisted of a one-on-one phone interview with an HR woman (although I could tell it was on speaker and I believe there may have been others in the room). The interview consisted of a walk through my resume, then a series of five questions. The questions were very simple: one calculus question, one probability question, one statistics question, one *nix question, and one predictive modelling question. I answered all of the questions correctly, then she asked me a bit about my past compensation.

At the end she said that I would hear back from hear next week, and since I answered all of the questions correctly and seemed to be a good fit, I would have a second interview with the head of HR next week. If I didn't hear from her next we, she asked me to send her a follow up email as she was very busy.

The next day, I sent her a thank you note and saying that I looked forward to hearing and reiterating my interest in the firm. I heard nothing from her that next week, so I sent her a follow up email. It has now been two months and I haven't heard anything from them which obviously means that I did not get the position. Overall, a very unprofessional way to handle the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How does one find the minima of a function (although she was a bit confused on the difference between the absolute minimum and relative minima)?   1 Answer
    • What is stochastic?   1 Answer
    • Find the median of a group of six numbers.   Answer Question
    • For what is the "grep" command used?   Answer Question
    • Which is a better predictive model given certain conditions?   Answer Question