KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

RGP Change Management Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 133 interviews

Interviews at RGP

Positive50%
Negative50%
Employee Referral50%
Applied online50%
HardAverageEasy

RGP

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at RGP in May 2017

Interview

Phone interview followed by an interview at their Regional Headquarters (downtown LA). The process is collaborative and positive. The vibe is akin to an executive temp agency where they're looking for consultants to fill a temporary gap in client company's senior staff or to collaborate or advise on long-term initiatives. They're looking to screen qualified people in, not out. I like that this firm exclusively hires senior professionals and expects them bring proven resources and practices rather than use a cookie-cutter model. I also like that they want their people to do the work rather than "publish or perish" as is the practice with the mega-firms. I like that they value professionals who DO the work, not just sell the work. They hire when they have an engagement and when that engagement approaches its end, find another project to continue the employment. The in-person interview is to present a portfolio of relevant work including tools developed, evidence, documentation written, models applied and more. You have exactly 30 minutes. I prepared a folder on my desktop, in turn, with folders and files clearly identified so I could access them immediately to respond to areas of interest that I prompted for or was asked about. They were very receptive and talked about a potential project (that they, unfortunately, didn't win). I don't know if I'll ending up doing work for them as organizational development seems to be an emerging practice there, but not core. Also, a portion of my experience doesn't align with what they're looking for and a portion of what they're looking for are not demonstrated strengths. Important to mention: there's one more step after a project is found that matches the consultant. They serve you up to the client with several other candidates. Depending on your profile, this could further push RGP into the "speculative" category. That's where the sit in mind. I'm continuing to look elsewhere.

Interview Questions
  • There wasn't one that was difficult or unexpected. No "gotcha" questions.
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RGP (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

I am a Toronto resident and applied a position in San Francisco. I applied online, and got a screening call right away. I completed the screening call and was told that they want to move me to the second round, but they want me to come in person and when I could fly in. I told them I could make it, and confirmed with their HR if they can schedule an interview. I was told to go ahead and book my flights (which I was not getting reimbursed for), and that they would send an interview invite. I booked my flights, and then emailed to let HR know, and I got no confirmation of getting that email... i emailed back 2 times after and nothing. My flight was non-refundable, and I ended up taking time off work, and flying to SF for NO REASON, wasting my money... When I had emailed to let them know about this, I got no acknowledgement nor even an apology on their end.

6 people found this interview helpful