RGP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.7

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RGP (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

The people were very stiff and self centered during and after the interview process. They make you go on several rounds of interviews and meet with over 10 people. They tell you that you are a good fit for the company. Then just because one final person doesn't like you for some strange reason you don't get the job! How absurd!

Client Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RGP.

Interview

The Interview process was ok. I arrived at the office early and was greeted by very welcoming Front desk officers. Every staff member that walked past me while I waited had a smile on their face, it seemed to me that they were pretty happy to be there. The interview was mostly behavioural, nothing hard.

Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RGP (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

My 1st round interview was conducted by a Coordinator based out of Texas (who I had to follow-up with twice to get our interview scheduled). We had a great conversation and she was very complimentary of my experience. She immediately scheduled me for a 2nd round interview with the Hiring Manager. 1 hour before my interview with the Hiring Manager the Coordinator reached out to say that [even though I had the experience, worked at 3 other consulting firms and would be recruiting for the same roles I have previously] they wouldn't be moving forward because I didn't have the required degree for the role and thanked me for my time.

What a horrible candidate experience. But I'm glad it turned out the way it did. I have no desire to work for a place that treats its candidates like that. As a recruiter, it also tells me they don't have diverse practices in place for finding the best talent.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RGP.

Interview

I was contacted through LI by a local recruiter with RGP asking to network and make a brief introduction. After accepting and taking a call, I was extremely intrigued by the opportunity and organization. After doing more research on the company, I became an active candidate and continued in the interview process, conducting 2 phone interviews and then was invited in for a 1/2 day of interviews with multiple RGP leaders. It was a great morning of sharing information and meeting the team. Unfortunately, I never received any feedback from the on-site interviews even after sending my "thank you" notes and following up via emails & a phone calls. As a recruiting professional this is a huge red flag. It's okay that I wasn't selected - they need to chose the best applicant for the job - I get that 1000%; however, I spent multiple hours investing my time in the interview process including completing the Predictive Index assessment so to not bring closure to the process was very surprising and unfortunate. Overall, it became a negative candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• Highlight a top accomplishment in my career.   1 Answer

Director of Client Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RGP (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Everything went very well and then once they received my formal application and they went silent. Called them and then they very abruptly indicated they weren't interested in continuing the process. No reasons was given. My guess is they discovered my age. Talk about age discrimination! Silently unprofessionally and practiced!

Interview Questions

• Mostly experienced verification and philosophical thinking. Nothing complicated. RGP is still very old fashion. Very predominantly all white only top leadership and senior management.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RGP (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

RGP will have you meet at least 4 to 5 people in the interview process after having at least 1 phone screen. They believe it is better for the client service team to have a first-hand experience with each candidate. Additionally, you are constantly interviewing for the next opportunity presented to you. If you hate interviewing, RGP is not for you. You may have to kiss a lot of frogs before they find your prince of a job!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult project and how you recovered from it.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RGP (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

Basic questions and review of past experience. Nothing too difficult. It was a friendly conversation. I was asked about different projects I have worked on in previous roles and what my reasons were for wanting to work at RGP

Project Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at RGP (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Started off by having me ask questions of RGP. BRIEFLY went over my resume (accounting-heavy) and only asked 4 questions that I recall: Why I decided to meet with RGP, what accounting software systems in addition to the ones on my resume have I utilized ( I had SAP and Quickbooks on my resume), what have I done in eXcel, and what type of projects do I have an interest.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RGP (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Unlike Big4, you are not hired into a 'salaried' talent pool' - instead, unpaid while on the bench. RGP will require extra lead time to 'on board' first time hires - less desirable for clients who have to fill a position in a hurry.. Also, people who had prior contracts via RGP are given preference, so new candidates will require extra patience and unpaid time off before being hired.

The interview was quick and mood stayed positive, but it lacked content. Interviewer's questions were not specific, verified the candidate's background at a high level. Good portion of the interview was focused at 'selling' RGP as a good place to work.

When I asked RGP how the discussed experience will be 'useful' with RGP's typical clients, answers were quite general. I felt that RGP did not ask the right questions to know me, hence RGP is not equipped to properly represent me with a potential client.

Good that I was prepared for the 'wait', but what followed was three months of silence. No updates, no results, no follow up, and zero response to emails and phone messages that I left. Overall, a very negative experience.

In retrospect, I felt that IT/Technology consulting is not a mature practice at RGP and positions are 'hit or miss'. While advertised as a Big4 alternative, RGP is not about 'consulting/ solutions', rather an agency to place 'experienced staff' with companies who are small or can not afford Big4.

Interview Questions

• Picked out points on the resume, asked to explain what the position entailed.   1 Answer

IT Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RGP (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Was interviewed by phone by two different recruiters. Came from the business side but was transferred to the IT side. After initial small talk, started asking questions based on my work experience. After that they opened the floor for my questions. And closed with salary expectations.

Interview Questions

See What RGP Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Former Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros: “I was assigned to the RGP's L.A. office and I worked on various client engagements as an Organizational Change Management consultant: - Corporate clients (Fortune 500) - Great...”“I was assigned to the RGP's L.A. office and I worked on various client engagements as an Organizational Change Management consultant: - Corporate clients (Fortune 500) - Great corporate culture - very friendly people (HR , Client Services Directors, and other Admins), regular events to bring everybody in to connect, catch-up, and network with each other. Great holiday parties. They took me out for lunch on my birthday. - They organize regular lunch or dinner (get-to-know each other) meetings for consultants who work for the same client -Very supportive colleagues and no competition on joint consulting projects (compared to Big5 firms) since there is no performance review, no "laddering", etc. and thus no consulting hierarchy (=> the company hires only experienced professionals). -"Long leash" - ideal for very seasoned consultants and/or for consultants who used to be self-employed. You interact directly with the client - no "middlemen" from RGP's side, less politics!...As long as you make the client happy, all is good! -You are allowed to pick the consulting project/client you like. They want you to be happy because they know that only then you will perform much better (less pressure than in a Big 5 firm) ... -Most projects are local - less travel required -They pay for every hour overtime (!) - RGP has a very different model from traditional consulting firms... -Pay was good (as long as you have billable work) -It is ok if you pursue other project work, etc. outside of RGP or work on building your own business as long as this does not impact the work you do for your client in a negative way.” – Full Review