RGP Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

RGP Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Dec 20, 2016

2.0

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RGP (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Within 24 hours of submitting my CV, I was contacted by HR, and attended a preliminary interview. I was not provided with a job spec. I was advised there were two vacancies on an existing contract. At the end of the interview, I was orally told that a second interview would take place imminently, as soon as the busy Client Service Director was available.

The HR person then went on holiday. I had to chase up, and then I was e-mailed to be told that there was no role suitable for me. The wording of the e-mail implied I had sent in my CV, and no suitable roles were available. This is a different scenario to being told that two positions were available and a second interview would be taking place soon.

I get the impression that while the HR person was happy with my CV, the Client Service Director did not feel I was a match for the existing contract. This assertion is based on the indication that consultants can spend a lot of time on the bench if the Client does not think they are a good fit.

The reviews on here have criticised RGP as a 'staffing firm who wants to be a consulting firm.' I wish they had been honest with me upfront, rather than giving me false expectations, and then dragging their heels when it comes to letting the applicant know.

The fact that their job specs on their website contain duplications of content does not communicate a good message to a potential candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a scenario where you have been a change agent, you have encountered hostility, and what you have done to facilitate change?   Answer Question

Managing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at RGP (London, England (UK)) in February 2012.

Interview

Each step in the interview process required me to represent RGP to several Tier-1 banking clients. Effectively I wound up performing the role of an unpaid managing consultant, winning business for members of RGP's staff who were on the bench and did not have experience to meet each client's needs.

Interview Questions

• Several members of staff asked many questions regarding risk and regulations (international and local). These were very easy for me to answer as I have headed Governance, Risk and Compliance departments in Big-4 consultancy organizations.   1 Answer

I wasted my time providing free training and experience to help several of RGP's sales staff.