KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

RGP Management Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 133 interviews

Interviews at RGP

Positive50%
Negative50%
Applied online100%
2.5
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RGP (Los Angeles, CA) in Jan 2016

Interview

Unlike Big4, you are not hired into a 'salaried' talent pool' - instead, unpaid while on the bench. RGP will require extra lead time to 'on board' first time hires - less desirable for clients who have to fill a position in a hurry.. Also, people who had prior contracts via RGP are given preference, so new candidates will require extra patience and unpaid time off before being hired. The interview was quick and mood stayed positive, but it lacked content. Interviewer's questions were not specific, verified the candidate's background at a high level. Good portion of the interview was focused at 'selling' RGP as a good place to work. When I asked RGP how the discussed experience will be 'useful' with RGP's typical clients, answers were quite general. I felt that RGP did not ask the right questions to know me, hence RGP is not equipped to properly represent me with a potential client. Good that I was prepared for the 'wait', but what followed was three months of silence. No updates, no results, no follow up, and zero response to emails and phone messages that I left. Overall, a very negative experience. In retrospect, I felt that IT/Technology consulting is not a mature practice at RGP and positions are 'hit or miss'. While advertised as a Big4 alternative, RGP is not about 'consulting/ solutions', rather an agency to place 'experienced staff' with companies who are small or can not afford Big4.

Interview Questions
  • Picked out points on the resume, asked to explain what the position entailed.
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RGP (Dallas, TX)

Interview

Submit resume. If you have needed skill sets, invitation will be sent to you to interview. Interview is to determine your experience, skill sets, personality that would work in a "consulting" role. It was a couple weeks after the interview I was called back to begin working on a specific project. the project was not disclosed at the time of the interview, but in fact, it was a good fit with my background and abilities.

Interview Questions
  • RGP didn't play any games - very straight forward in the interview process. They do go back a completely verify you employment and education history. we had a consultant that joined us for a couple of days on a project but was immediately fired when it turned out he falsified parts of his resume and salary history.
2 people found this interview helpful