RGP Project Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RGP Project Consultant Interview Questions

3.1

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at RGP (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Started off by having me ask questions of RGP. BRIEFLY went over my resume (accounting-heavy) and only asked 4 questions that I recall: Why I decided to meet with RGP, what accounting software systems in addition to the ones on my resume have I utilized ( I had SAP and Quickbooks on my resume), what have I done in eXcel, and what type of projects do I have an interest.

Other Interview Reviews for RGP

Project Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RGP.

Interview

Very thorough, but kept me informed along the way. They contacted several ex employers and friends. I had several in person and phone interviews.

In addition RGP talked to people around town that knew me.

Interview Questions

• How do handle receiving confusing instructions from supervisor   1 Answer

Project Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RGP in December 2014.

Interview

I had applied on LinkedIn for the Portfolio Management Consultant position and when contacted by the Recruiter , I was told that they may not always have Portfolio level and it maybe Project Management Consulting and if I mind that , which I said I don't. I was scheduled to meet with the team in San Francisco office, but I found myself with another requiter. Her lack of knowledge on project management and the characteristics of a capable project manager was so irritating. She was talking with a recruiter fake smile with an attack to my background. She was reading my resume for the first time and questioning my experience without even being in that level to understand when you explain something to her. I have more than 12 years of impressive project management experience around the world and she was basically just looking at my US experience. When I told't her my hourly expected rate she got a sarcastic gesture and started telling me that my price is $30/hr less than what I'm expecting and good luck to find what I think. I am 36 years old looking much younger but my experience should have showed her that I'm not young , however she kept talking to me like she is giving a teenager a lesson. I had never had such an unpleasant interview ever and although she told me that she will talk to her colleagues to see if they have any fit for me, I would not accept working with a company that their representative is such recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How many years of work experience in the U.S.!!!   1 Answer

As a consulting company they told me that they will contact me when a project comes up but I am declining any opportunity with this company even higher than my expected rate.

Project Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RGP.

Interview

Contacted for screening interview - interviewer was respectful of time contraints and flexible as well as on-time for scheduled calls. Screener was personable and thorough - initial call was about 30 minutes. In person interview in local office with multiple individuals - approximately one hour and focused on behavioral questions. Responsive to my questions and mutually interested in a cultural match as well as complimentary client management philosophy.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any of the questions to be outside the realm of what is expected in this type of interview. If you have prepared, you primary concern will be making sure your work style perferences and skills are a good match.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very open to negotiation and up front with available opportunities.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RGP (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone screen with company recruiter, called in for on site interviews, 1:1 with several managers, called back again for final round with higher level managers. They wanted to get a sense if you would fit with their culture, as well as have skills they were able to market.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about project experiences at your former employer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at RGP (Denver, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview went very well Recruiting director promised assignments within 3 weeks to a month. 2 months later I get a call saying they just started working on my background check. The assistant asked me to wait a little longer. I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you worked on from start to finish   Answer Question

I withdrew my application.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RGP (Washington, DC) in April 2010.

Interview

Very collegiate, personal and professional approach. No hardball questions. They treat senior level professionals they interview in a respectful manner.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty straight-forward. They ask what you want to make and are somewhat flexible on your rate.

Project Consultant Interview

Interview

It was generally painless. Started with a phone screen, then on-site screening interview. That was followed by a client interview on site and then another short interview at the office.

Project Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RGP in January 2012.

Interview

thorough, pleasant. I met with a recruiter and a senior recruiter, and also a recruiting coordinator. I met with a practice director and several client service directors. It is helpful for the client service director's to understand what skills you have so that they know who and how to pace you. That is, what your skills are that they should be marketing and your overall level of professionalism.