RGS Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RGS Energy Interview Questions

Interviews at RGS Energy

2.4

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RGS Energy.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a recruiting agency. After a simple 30 minute interview with the hiring manager I was offered a 3 month trial period. Within 2 months I was hired full time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for and additional $5,000 then what was initially offered to me.

Foreman Interview

Anonymous Employee in New City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RGS Energy (New City, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied online and networked into the company through a friend. I was contacted within a week and met with the project manager the following week for an informal interview over a dinner lunch. The interview was a back and forth discussion about my previous experience as well as the expectations of the company in the short term more than the long term. The process was very comfortable and the interviewer was easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated the ability to cultivate and manage contractor relationships and how will you incorporate that knowledge into this role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the base rate was explained to me as a starting wage which could eventually be subject to a raise depending on performance.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RGS Energy (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I interviewed for a sales position on-line. After submitting my resume I was contacted immediately about coming to the office for an interview. I met with the sales manager, who arrived late, and he asked me 2 or 3 very basic questions and then asked what questions I have for him. He didn't seem very enthusiastic in his responses, and later that afternoon I received an offer, which I rejected

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult: why sales, why solar, your background, etc.   Answer Question

The sales manager did not seem that excited about the company or role, and he was going to train me and be my supervisor.

Energy Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RGS Energy (Louisville, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screening. It went well and then I met the Sales Manager for an in person interview. That also went very well. He and I hit it off... .but that was because he just told me what I wanted to hear. The company set expectations and failed to deliver. The Manager did quit a couple months after I started.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an upset customer on the phone when something goes wrong during a construction project at their home?   Answer Question

Energy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RGS Energy (Orange, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Headhunter was slick and seemed like full of lies about everything. He should be fired and give back his commission--------interviews you-------- then branch manager.

Interview Questions

• Sell me Solar... You should study before you go in and read up as much as you can about solar.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is what they pay . But in a short time you can make 100k easy. They split commission and after taxes is like $200.00.....

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RGS Energy.

Interview

Well supported and organized. While the first hiring manager obviously had final say, I had to also interview with their manager, who was much more intense and obviously skilled in behavioral interview practices with questions that were equally mixed between skills, experience and zingers like ping pong balls in airplanes.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between profit margin and markup.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I used my common negotiation judo practice of saying that not all compensation was monetary, and was offered a 50% raise from my present position along with stock options and a flexible working arrangement.

Energy Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RGS Energy.

Interview

On my big phone interview with the sales director, I was told many optimistic financial promises. They weren't on the offer letter. Red flag. Then found out HR knows nothing of this.
    I am not the only one lied too so I'll work there.

Interview Questions

• There wasnt really any difficult questions. The interview was a breeze and I knew I had
      A good shot when I left. Had phone interview the following Monday.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Initial interview was conducted by phone with some email follow-up. In Person interview was conducted at the regional office by the hiring Manager and a contract Recruiter. Process and questions were very straight forward, professional and job related. Office and employees were very friendly and helpful in a casual business setting.

Interview Questions

Interview

Typical interview...they ask about previous experience and how it relates to their company. The title I interviewed for no longer exists so I can't really specify what it's like these days. Based on the quality of individuals they hired recently I'd say their standards are quite low.

Interview Questions

Interview

This was for a rooftop assessment and door-knocking / appointment-setting job. (No going up on roofs). I had a fair amount of sales on my resume and I got a call back with I think a 15 or 20 minute interview / conversation. The tone was friendly. I was asked how I would like the public component of the job (95%), and how I would deal with indifference or rejection.