RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) Teaching Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Teaching

RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) Teaching Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.7

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I first applied online on the department website. Then I asked the professor for a meeting. Spoke to the professor and expressed interest. Later Got recommended by the professor to the department and Got the job

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with similar type of course?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy. The professor asked me to enter the room after which he asked about my experience in networking. He gave a printout of the labs that has to be done in class and asked me whether I know about them. A few networking and trouble shooting questions were asked. He said the result right away.

Interview Questions

• List some trouble shooting techniques.   1 Answer

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Graduate Teaching Assitant position application process starts with approaching the graduate advisor to ask if any GTA positions are currently open at that time. If the appropriate position is open and if your skill sets match the job description, you will be called for an interview. The interview process is not so hard. However, a short talk with the people who are currently working as GTA would really help a lot.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to the professor if you are hired?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotition.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

First we have to be recommended, then we will have an interview face to face with the professor who we are going to work with. And we have to show them either web or paper portfolio. We talk about my work experiences and who I work for in the past. Talk about personal opinion about this job.

Interview Questions

• What's your major and background. Are you currently working on any project? Who did you work for?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

Interview

Related to the subjects, asked for examples for each question asked, application oriented. It was more on how would you use the knowledge in the real world. It was difficult as there were some examples that were to be used in day to day life

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) in March 2014.

Interview

Normal basic questions about the projects. Question related to work experience, material knowledge, subject knowledge. Since, the position was related to Lab Instructor, I was asked question regarding equipment's, various standards, equipment usage etc.

Interview Questions

• What work related problems did you encounter?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Please be straight forward and ask questions regarding your responsibility, work culture, environment etc.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

through interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with a panel, and was called back to interview with the group a second time on campus. I studied their job description and developed q/a responses based on what they were looking for. The first interview was about 30 minutes, it was challenging being only on the phone as I like to connect with people and body language. The second interview was in person with a panel of individuals.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

As long as you get a recommendation from a current professor, you should be good.