RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) Interview Questions in Rochester, NY | Glassdoor

RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) Interview Questions in Rochester, NY

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.1

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Talked with the supervisor, he asked me a few questions about my qualifications and my previous experiences tutoring. Nothing technical, but mostly just questions to see if I would be able to work with students.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any tutoring experiences before?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was very easy. The professor asked me to enter the room after which he asked about my experience in networking. He gave a printout of the labs that has to be done in class and asked me whether I know about them. A few networking and trouble shooting questions were asked. He said the result right away.

Interview Questions

• List some trouble shooting techniques.   1 Answer

Data Analysis Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

About the past work experience. What is join, how to handle future queries. Tell me about yourself. How you handle the difficult situation. Difference between left join and right join . How you find the no of employees in a department.

Graduate Technical Assistantship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was short and precise. They had thoroughly read my resume prior to the interview and were totally prepared to ask what they were looking for. I was interviewed by a panel of 3 most skilled people in the CS department.

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe one of the projects from your resume(Mostly it would shell/perl scripting project). So be prepared.
      2. Which platform you are most comfortable with(They use ubuntu and solaris) so be prepared to give reasonable answers
      3. Which IDE do you like and why?
      4. Which changes would you like to bring if you get selected for this job role? (you may say something like what technologies computer science department is lacking and how you will implement that?)   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Graduate Teaching Assitant position application process starts with approaching the graduate advisor to ask if any GTA positions are currently open at that time. If the appropriate position is open and if your skill sets match the job description, you will be called for an interview. The interview process is not so hard. However, a short talk with the people who are currently working as GTA would really help a lot.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to the professor if you are hired?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotition.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

First we have to be recommended, then we will have an interview face to face with the professor who we are going to work with. And we have to show them either web or paper portfolio. We talk about my work experiences and who I work for in the past. Talk about personal opinion about this job.

Interview Questions

• What's your major and background. Are you currently working on any project? Who did you work for?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

General questions regarding interests and goals and knowledge in Electrical & Telecom Engineering from prior course work and/or projects completed with questions on availability and also introduced me to the research area I will working in.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a great experience. I was asked lot of questions about my course work and projects i worked previously. The questions were straight forward ,basically i had to talk about image processing projects. Professor made me very comfortable by asking questions about things i do apart school work and the place i am from.

Interview Questions

• About my courses and projects   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I am a PhD student (5th Year) in the Golisano College of Computing and Information and Sciences. I am really interested in teaching and looking forward to a career in academia. I requested my adviser for teaching as an adjunct for Fall 2015 semester. After discussion with the Program chair, I was given the opportunity to teach the undergraduate and graduate section for Introduction to Computer Vision.

Interview Questions

• Discussed about my research and my plan for teaching. Also discussed about my teaching interest and previous experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Technical interview was conducted and find it intruiging. Interview went well and I got the result on next day. Got some technical questions about CAD and CFD, as the role is related to modelling and simulational analysis. Interview is somewhat difficult but the interviewer made it easy with his hospitality