ROI Revolution Digital Marketing Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ROI Revolution Digital Marketing Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at ROI Revolution

3.2

Digital Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ROI Revolution.

Interview

ROI has a very thorough and interesting interview process. There were no "high pressure" interviews, as each step was very fair. The HR staff and others are very welcoming, and don't intend to trip you up with their questioning. They focus on making sure you are the best candidate for the position. The steps:

1. A phone interview. The phone interview took about half an hour. The questions were very typical of a first interview, and pertained to the candidates background and their initial interest in the position. The interview concluded and I was invited for an in person assessment a few days later.

2. In person assessment. I arrived and was taken on a quick tour of the office. Next, I started on the first assessment, which was 80 questions and was very similar to an IQ type test. A lot of pattern recognition, some simple math, and problem solving. Next was a spelling/grammar assessment which was short, and finally a personality assessment. The first assessment is timed, you get one hour to complete the 80 questions. A couple days later I was invited in for the third step in the process.

3. First in person interview. This was a panel style interview with four people total. The questions were based on my past work experience, and questions based on the suggested readings they provided before the interview. Again, they were very fair questions. It was not high pressure, and a very friendly atmosphere. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. At the end of the interview I was asked to come in for a final interview a few days later.

4. Final interview. This was another panel interview, five people this time. These questions were more geared toward the position. The interview was about an hour long. After the interview, I was told to come in one final time to sign a job offer.

5. Job offer. This was a short meeting with the HR manager just to sign the paperwork to bring me on board.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was needed on my end. The compensation and benefit plans were very competitive.

Other Interview Reviews for ROI Revolution

Digital Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ROI Revolution in October 2018.

Interview

Had a phone interview with fairly basic questions. The interviewer was slightly awkward, could definitely tell they were taking notes but didn't offer that up front. I thought the interview went well but I didn't get an offer which was surprising. I was told they had already filled the position.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ROI Revolution (Raleigh, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

Overall my experience with the recruiting process at ROI was very positive. While it was extensive and contained many steps, nothing seemed unreasonable or unrelated to the position I applied for.

The process for my position contained the following steps:
    1. Submitted my resume, cover letter, and transcripts to the job posting on my university’s Handshake website
    -Two days later I was contacted by one of the corporate recruiters asking to schedule an initial phone interview

2. 1st Round: Phone screen interview
    -Asked very standard interview questions targeted at my background and interests in the company/digital marketing industry
    -At the end of the interview I was asked to come into the office for my 2nd round that would take place two weeks later

3. 2nd Round: Office tour, logic test, typing test, grammar test, personality test
    -Before going into this section of the interview process I read through the previous Glassdoor reviews and found that many described it as the most polarizing and difficult part. However, unlike these reviews, I found the tests to be very simple and I am by no means a good standardized test taker. You can take the typing test as many times as you want until you get above 60 WPM (this is the number they are looking for and they will tell you this before you take it). The grammar test is more or less common sense and on around the same level of difficulty as some of the easier GRE questions. To prepare for the logic test I would highly recommend practicing free IQ tests online and looking through previous Glassdoor reviews to gauge the type of questions (some of the exact same questions mentioned by other reviewers are on the test). I would say around 50-60% of the questions are simply converting letters or words into number sequences and rearranging them. Many of the questions are also basic pattern recognition. They provide paper and pens to work with so you by no means have to do everything in your head.
    -Two days later I was contacted to proceed to the 3rd round interview

4. 3rd Round: Skype interview with the same corporate recruiter
    -Again, very standard interview questions. Many of the same questions from the initial phone screen were asked again, however, some more fleshed out questions about the company’s values and my preferred work style were also included.
    -A week later I was contacted to set up my final round interview at the ROI office

5. Final Round: Panel style interview with Head of HR, Head of Paid Search department, and Head of Marketplaces department
    -Prior to this interview I was asked to read a 38-page PowerPoint called the “Amazon Buy Box Bible” and several short articles discussing Paid Search, PPC, SEO, SEM, etc. I am not sure if this is what they expected but prior to the interview I prepared two short spiels summarizing the main insights I gained from both set of texts. The interview was based more or less around the same questions I was asked in previous interviews with some discussion of the texts. They also give you a good amount of time at the end to ask questions.

6. Offer Received
    -Received a phone call around two weeks later extending the offer
    -Came into the office a few weeks later to go over the compensation, benefits and other perks
    -Took some time to think about it and came back to sign around a month later

I was very happy to receive an offer from ROI Revolution and very much look forward to working there starting this summer.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you will be happy working here?   1 Answer
    • In an ideal project, how much time do you delegate to individual work vs. team work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

In my situation, no negotiation was necessary. Considering I am a recent graduate and have no relevant experience, the compensation and benefits offered were very competitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at ROI Revolution (Raleigh, NC) in February 2018.

Interview

Went through a recruiter who was very familiar with ROI. Went in for an on-site interview with the first hour and half is spent taking an 80 question assessment with questions like elephant is 70 what is giraffe? Like come on now, these questions have nothing to do with anything in the Digital Marketing Field. I felt like it was a complete waste of time. Next was a very easy grammar test and WPM test. Lastly, I sat down with two HR personal because the PPC Director was stuck in a meeting. Interview questions were generic to the modern interview questions. Went smooth. Simply enough, the feedback I received on why they didn’t want to move forward with myself as a candidate was because of the assessment score. I get it you try to weed out candidates who can’t tell you what a scrambled word is but are inconsiderate of experience that was suited well for a position. Best of luck to anyone!

Digital Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ROI Revolution.

Interview

4 step interview process:

1. Phone screening with recruiter - about 15/20 minutes
    2. Virtual interview over video conferencing software - 20/30 minutes
    3. In-house two part assessment
    4. Face to face interview - 30 minutes

Very nice folks to speak with and were very welcoming and understanding of current job obligations, were able to work around schedules very accommodatingly!

Got a tour of the facility upon part 3 of the interview process as well.

Digital Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ROI Revolution.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn. I got an email the next day or so. I did a phone interview, then a one on one interview with HR then a group interview with manager. I received an offer call later that day. The whole process took a month.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at ROI Revolution (Raleigh, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

3 interview rounds. One on the phone with the recruiter (~30 min), one in-person with the recruiter (~1.5 hours), and one panel interview (~45 min) that includes the recruiter and some higher-ups and more detailed questions. The 1:1 interview included personality questions as well as some tests: word processing, usage & grammar, patterns/problem-solving skills test.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time you worked on a team with people you didn't get along with.   Answer Question
    • What two words do you think people would use to describe you, and why do you think that is?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ROI Revolution (Raleigh, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was long and started with a phone interview with HR. After the phone interview was an on-site visit to see what the company culture looked like and to take some aptitude tests. Once you completed the tests there was a more in-depth interview with someone from HR. After the second interview there is a third interview that I did not receive. Overall it was a great experience and I would love to work for this company as they are extremely innovative and interesting. I simply just did not fit what they were looking for in the specific position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced a challenge where you were tasked to come up with a quick solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ROI Revolution (Raleigh, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

Let me start by saying that this company provides wonderful opportunities in an encouraging and professional environment. They are passionate about being innovators in the field and they strive for efficiency in everything they do. They truly want the best team members in their staff. For this reason, the interview process is thorough. They go through many steps. It could take a few weeks to a few months, but they do this to ensure that the position is a great match for both parties. It’s worth it.
    1- applied online and received a call the next day
    2- phone interview with recruiter
    3- video interview with recruiter
    4- on-site testing and panel interview
    5- offer extended w/ on-site discussion

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you did not agree with a piece of constructive criticism   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your precious experience and how the responsibilities could align with this role?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you had to deliver bad news to a client.   Answer Question
    • What values would you choose for your own company?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ROI Revolution.

Interview

Prompt and timely responses to any an alll questions. Recruiter was a joy to talk to and very personal, seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me as an individual. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your biggest strengths?   1 Answer