RPA Account Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at RPA (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

After plunging my network for years, I finally got a contact within RPA and secured an interview.

Was screened on the phone, followed up by a 1:1 with HR and two rounds of group interviews. Was assured early on that my lack of direct account mgmt. experience would not be a factor. Halfway through the second interview, the Management Sup. became quite abrasive - clearly, I'd been deemed unfit and I was wasting her time.

While the second interview was a giant letdown, my HR rep led me to believe that I was still a leading candidate for the open position. The rep informed me that they'd have a decision within the next week. This was not the case, as I was then led on for week after week, delay after delay - for a duration of seven weeks - waiting to hear of the company's ultimate decision.

By week six, I found the position had been reposted on RPA's website - not the best way to reject a candidate - but my HR rep assured me that I was still a leading candidate. Huh? At this point, their decision was obvious. A week later I was told - you guessed it - after careful consideration they wanted someone with more account management experience. And the best part? My internal referrer informed me that the company ended up hiring a candidate with no account management experience.

While interviewing, companies tend to forget that they're in the spotlight as well. All in all, this was not a pleasant interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had an angry client. How did you handle it?   Answer Question