RPA Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.5

Motion Graphics Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at RPA (Santa Monica, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was brought into conference room with two persons. I was told it was going to be a casual interview, which is fine. After briefly talking about some of my work and experience, most of the interview became about selling the company, as though I already had the job. Every time I would try to bring the conversation back to the work itself, or my work, or learn more about the workflow, etc, it wouldn't take long before the conversation would just end up back to talking about the company. It was a little awkward and confusing throughout. One of the interviewers would not look at me while they or I spoke, instead looked at me out of the corner of their eye. I tried many times to include them in the conversation where they would look at me briefly then turn away and look at me from the side again. It took a few days for the recruiting firm to even hear back from the position they were needing to fill immediately, and was advised I was considered 'too quiet.' No one that knows me under any capacity would consider those words to describe me, with the exception of when I find a rhythm in my work, but not as a personal attribute.

Interview Questions

• Do you work primarily with Mac or with PC?   2 Answers

Digital Marketing Analytics Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RPA (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Pretty basic phone interview went over my resume and the scope of the job. No tricky questions or anything like that. The interviewer was nice and very helpful.

Interview Questions

Recruiter was unable to answer some basic questions about where the job feeds into if you were asked to stay on full-time after school. The mention rate of pay was also extremely low in my opinion for an MBA internship 8-10/hr.

Freelance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RPA (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Initiated contact via email and received response the next day from HR. Shared requested information via email and schedule phone interview.

Phone interview was extremely professional and informative. Was allowed to provide my information as well as obtain additional information regarding the position and what the agency was looking for beyond the posted job description.

Interview Questions

• As I was familiar with the agency the interview process was expedient and did not receive any difficult or unexpected questions during or after the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Extremely fair and highly professional.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RPA (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

It was pretty chill. We talked about personal interests and some of my work. The CD had already seen most of my work, so by this point it was more to get to know me. We just talked about the sorts of projects I wanted to work on and he told me about some of the directions the agency was going to be going and he told me about the projects he could see me doing. He also talked a bit about my future partner.

Interview Questions

• "What kind of stuff do you want to work on?"   1 Answer

Digital Account Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RPA (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

It started with a phone interview, standard screen about background and interests. Immediately scheduled an in person interview with the team I would be working with. Check to see if a good culture fit primarily, and then some questions about where I saw my career heading.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RPA (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was referred to HR by a friend and applied online. I then had a Skype interview with the head of the media planning team I would work with. It consisted of basic questions, nothing out of the ordinary - just getting to know a bit more about me and what I study, what relevant coursework I have. It was casual and took around 20 minutes

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at RPA (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First met the recruiter at a school portfolio night. Very nice, asked lots of questions, took lots of notes. Sent a follow up email a few days after the event along with a recommendation from a CD who was working at RPA at the time. Heard back from the recruiter the same day and exchanged a few emails. Had a phone interview and that was that.

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RPA (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

phone screening, then in-person interview. got back to me 2 months after applying online. Had a great screening call, told would get back to me in a week - then doesn't. No replies to emails, etc.. Very unprofessional

Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at RPA (Santa Monica, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

After plunging my network for years, I finally got a contact within RPA and secured an interview.

Was screened on the phone, followed up by a 1:1 with HR and two rounds of group interviews. Was assured early on that my lack of direct account mgmt. experience would not be a factor. Halfway through the second interview, the Management Sup. became quite abrasive - clearly, I'd been deemed unfit and I was wasting her time.

While the second interview was a giant letdown, my HR rep led me to believe that I was still a leading candidate for the open position. The rep informed me that they'd have a decision within the next week. This was not the case, as I was then led on for week after week, delay after delay - for a duration of seven weeks - waiting to hear of the company's ultimate decision.

By week six, I found the position had been reposted on RPA's website - not the best way to reject a candidate - but my HR rep assured me that I was still a leading candidate. Huh? At this point, their decision was obvious. A week later I was told - you guessed it - after careful consideration they wanted someone with more account management experience. And the best part? My internal referrer informed me that the company ended up hiring a candidate with no account management experience.

While interviewing, companies tend to forget that they're in the spotlight as well. All in all, this was not a pleasant interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had an angry client. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RPA (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Got an interview opportunity via networking (I was not living in California at the time). The process was very straightforward and non-threatening, compared to that of many of the other companies with which I had interviewed.

The first correspondence was a phone interview with HR...it was really just getting to know me/my personality/past experience and seeing what positions I might be interested in. While I was interested in Account Management, the recruiter recommended me to interview for other available positions in Project Management.

I decided to move forward with interviewing for a position on the PM team. The next step was a Skype interview with the two supervisors of all the Project Management teams. Interview lasted about a half an hour, was straight forward...no curveball questions and was generally a positive, flowing conversation based around past work experience and the nature of the position.

My final interview (also via Skype) came about 4 days later, and was with a member of the team I would be working on. This was somewhat of a "personality test" type interview. Again, it was very non-threatening and was focused on gauging my work aptitude and attitude. Essentially, they wanted to make sure I'd make a holistic positive addition to the team.

Received offer a few hours after the final interview, dependent on background check and positive references.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past experience. Why advertising. Why Project Management...   Answer Question