RSA Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 28, 2017

2.8

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RSA Group (Bedford, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

I received a call to see if I would be interested in a position. I came in for an interview and met with three individuals. Twenty minutes later after I left I was asked if I wanted to come in for a second interview.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSA Group.

Interview

3 interviewers, from manager to analyst. Brief introduction about their work and start asking questions.
    Behavioural questions if you don't have relative experience, but can be very hard technical questions if you do from what I heard.

Interview Questions

• How do you measure the number of balloons needed to fill the room?
      How do you familiar with excel? The fanciest function you know   Answer Question

Insurance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSA Group (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)).

Interview

They asked me if I had any customer service background and if I had worked in a call center before. They asked if I had time preferences and also if I had any difficult experiences when Dealing with customers

Internal Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RSA Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial screening round by telephone followed by a 3-step process : an interview with a manager, followed by a skype/video interview with the office in Canada and if successful, this is later followed by a partner interview .

Claims Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RSA Group (Halifax, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied for a Claims Handler role in Home Insurance. I was initially interviewed by telephone but the interview was terminated early due to a booked holiday during the training period. This was taken up again later when I was contacted again to advise that further positions would be available at a later date after my holiday. A further advert was placed on the RSA site for Customer Claims Advisers in Home Insurance. I successfully completed the telephone interview and was invited for a face-to-face assessment/interview.

I was telephoned the day before to check I was prepared and further questions were asked surrounding the role of a Claims Handler for home insurance.

I attended the interview to discover I was being interviewed for a role in Motor! I was later advised that, up until this point, the selection process had been handled by Alexander Mann Recruitment Consultants, not RSA themselves. Throughout the process to date, it had been stated several times that the role was for Home Insurance; the advert was for home insurance, as were all emails received and all corresponded with the advert on the RSA site (this was interestingly later removed).

The interview comprised a role play telephone call, which I completed successfully. I was then taken for a formal interview and was told right from the beginning that I was "way over-qualified" and this theme continued throughout the interview.

The questions asked were not appropriate to the role (and were couched at a much higher level than that for which I was applying) and the interviewer told me on several occasions that she would be "concerned" that I would soon become bored as I was qualified to a much higher level than the role was aimed and "concern" was also repeatedly expressed that I might feel uncomfortable working with so many 'younger' people.

Needless to say I didn't get the job and came away thinking I'd wasted my time attending as I'd been sent for the wrong role and there was no interest in employing someone with many years' industry experience (I've worked in the industry for over 30 years, at various levels, in both Home and Motor), not to mention someone of my age.

I requested formal feedback of the reasons I was unsuccessful but did not receive the courtesy of even an acknowledgement, let alone a reply.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have had to deal with conflict.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you have to provide feedback.   Answer Question

Pricing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RSA Group (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

A one stage interview with the hiring manager.
    Went through my CV including school and university subject choices.
    The manager was very personable, and i left with a good impression of the company.

Call Centre - Inbound Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSA Group (Liverpool, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Online multiple choice test followed by online aptitude test. These were then followed with a telephone interview.
    After passing all the steps I attended an afternoon interview at RSA, this included further interview type questions, 2 or 3 each, with a team of 5 middle managers/team leaders rotating around the room. Then followed a basic, GCSE level, English and Mathematics test, 20 minutes.
    After a short break then followed a group observation with several, 3, middle managers sitting in the corners of the room watching our progress/involvement while deciding what items we would use/need/make use of if our plane crash landed in the rain forest. lastly we had to use a script outline page, a price selection page and the computer screen data collection sheet while accepting a call from middle management pretending to be a customer.
    All over and I didn't get invited to a second interview.

Interview Questions

• 5 middle managers asked 2 or 3 questions each focussing on either;
      previous experience, something you did well, conflict resolution, why I thought I would do well and one other?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RSA Group (Liverpool, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Assessment day with multiple exercises including a speed dating type of exercise with a number of managers. Also a mock phone call with a manager to assess applicants phone manner.

Interview Questions

• Why are you suitable for this role?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RSA Group (Peterborough, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and submitted CV. Got an email the same day asking me to complete an online Situation Judgement Test. This was a multiple choice test with a series of situations and what I would do in that situation. Received an email a the next sat inviting me for a telephone interview. Telephone interview barely lasted 10 minutes. I was asked a series of yes/no security questions, about my current salary and the position I had applied for. Only one question about the actual job. Received an email a few days later saying I had been unsuccessful.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turin (Italy)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSA Group (Turin (Italy)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview Questions

• I have not chosen to participate in this "optional " rating- I have completed the info required but have been led to this page..which for glass door is quite unfair   1 Answer