RSM Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RSM Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at RSM

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubuque, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Dubuque, IA) in July 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruitement specialist in Minnesota, who did a screening phone interview ("Walk me through your work history," "Tell me about this gap in your resume," "You started out in X field and now you're looking for Y; why is that?") and then set up an in-person interview.

In-person interview with hiring/training manager out of Cedar Rapids. Very in-depth, about an hour and fifteen minutes, with lots of behavioral questions: Tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult customer? with a difficult co-worker? Tell me about a task you've done that involved getting information from a variety of people in a variety of locations? ... and some of the information was wrong?

She told me there'd be computer-skills testing later in the process.

Then there was a long gap with occasional contact from the recruiting specialist; they were doing other interviews and waiting for the principal to get back from traveling.

Later contacted by same recruiting specialist to set up an interview with two of the actual supervisors for the position. This seemed perfunctory, as if the decision had already been made, and never really rose above the "Tell me about yourself" question. At this point, I suspect they had already chosen another candidate.

The same recruiting specialist called to tell me they'd chosen someone else.

The entire process from start to finish took almost two months.

Interview Questions

• What would your dream job be? -- it doesn't necessarily have to be this job.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for RSM

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with the office administrator and director of operations. Also met with some partners that I would support. Overall pleasurable experience. Not a difficult interview. Pretty standard overall. The people I met with were warm and welcoming. They were able to answer all questions. They got back to me very soon thereafter. I went back for a second interview about a week later.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you worked as an admin?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at RSM (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with an HR rep, which lasted about 30 minutes. I then had an in-person interview which lasted about 3 hours. I was interviewed by four people: a team member, a supervisor, and 2 upper-management staff. Everyone was very friendly and put me at ease--it was more like having a conversation. After they had already offered me the job, I was asked to complete a skills assessment (proofreading and Microsoft Office). The assessment was easy and just to see if I required any training.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RSM (Orlando, FL).

Interview

There were three interviews, one screening on the phone, an initial in person interview, and a follow up interview in person. You'll meet nearly everyone you'll be working for to make sure you're a good fit for your team and the company. I think I met at least six people through my interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• In the following scenario what would you do: it is 3:00 pm and you get five different assignments from your different supervisors saying they need their items finished by the end of the day. What do you do?   1 Answer