RSM Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2017

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM in March 2016.

Interview

Very informal, nice guy, but really did not ask me anything about myself, but more about whether I would be willing to fill out tax returns. Did not ask me about my excellent education, my knowledge of the tax code, my experience at my prior law firm, or anything else that is important in determining whether to hire a prospective employee.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my interest in preparing tax returns and my experience with them. Sounded like they wanted a glorified accountant. Not what I applied for. Somewhat misleading.   1 Answer

Because it sounded like a very boring position with no upside.

Other Interview Reviews for RSM

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM (New Haven, CT) in November 2015.

Interview

The dept. chair at my University was collecting resumes from accounting students close to graduating, I gave mine and it was sent to HR at RSM. Was contacted, asked to come to interview. Was surprised to be in a group setting (which made it feel competitive). Briefed us about the company and the position for 15 mins and sent us off to get interviewed by a manager/partner. Was more like a conversation than scripted questions. I felt like it was one of the more easier interviews I've done so far in my career. Then they treated us to lunch to answer more questions with a group of young staff. I'd like to note that this interview was for a position that was to start one year after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging obstacle you have overcome?   1 Answer
    • Do you have 150 credits?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter...what did I like about accounting, how would I fit in, name an example of when my teammates weren't pulling their weight, etc.

Interview Questions

• An example of when your teammates didn't pull their weight--what did you do to rectify the situation?   Answer Question

They offered me a follow-up office visit which was to occur on a Tuesday in March. I am posting a negative review because #1 - they knew I would be coming from Tampa and, being on a Tuesday, would have required me to miss 2 days of work for my current employer; #2 - they timed the office visit right in the middle of busy season. Needless to say, I did not attend the office visit.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM in March 2012.

Interview

Had a 30 minute phone interview. Lady who was interviewing me was very friendly and almost made it seem informal. Asked a few behavioral questions, mostly about how I would have handled something differently in my past work experiences. Asked why I chose McGladrey over some of the other public accounting firms.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose McGladrey over one of the Big 4 accounting firms?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RSM in November 2010.

Interview

Spoke with HR representative in early September. I followed up multiple times to get an interview. Interview consists of simple stuff: prior job experiences, problems you've run into on the job & how you solved them, and examples of working with people to achieve goals. Just your typical conversational public accounting interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate because I was told my offer was "standard."

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM in November 2008.

Interview

There were 3 interviews times total but I had to speak with four people individually total. It was very friendly. If you show a positive attitude they are really responsive.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Awful because of the financial conditions in 2008. They weren't flexible.