RSM Assurance Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 5, 2017

2.5

38 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

First round interviews, got to chat with one of the current employees while waiting. First interview was a lot about what I was looking for. could tell interviewer was tired after interviewing all day.
Second round.. one presentation about the company, then a brief office tour, and then three interviews with different level staffs. Mostly about why McGladrey, why audit, groupwork, my knowledge about McGladrey's auditing practice, etc. Lunch after for over an hour.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for RSM

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM in March 2012.

Interview

Applies online and through campus career website, but what helped the most was giving them my resume at career fair. Process consisted of 45 minute interview at university- I was asked a lot about my resume, but most important part of the interview are the questions that I asked. I was notified the next week I had been accepted for the 2nd round Office Interviews. Office Interview consisted of 2- 45 minute 1 on 1 interviews with a partner and a director. They asked me very general questions about myself/resume, team work experience, "Why M&P?", "Why not big4?". Their questions lasted 5-10 mins. The rest of the time was for me to ask questions. The questions you ask are the most important part of the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I'm not sure if I could have negotiated (if I could have it was not clear), but I did not.

Assurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Had to do online tests which were fairly straight forward. The Literacy one was quite difficult but i passed that. Then a video interview which i didn't pass. I felt the video interview went well but i guess i didn't match their criteria. I would advice people who do video interview to get constable and confident with speaking to the camera. They asked me a tough question at the end like how I have changed a of working that someone has suggested to me.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus career site. Got a call for first round interview on campus. It was 30 min long with a senior level manager. She was very friendly, welcoming and had lots of information to share about her role and what I should be looking forwards to. It felt more of a get to know each other meeting rather than your typical behavioral filled traps interview process. They are looking for someone who can communicate well, and show enthusiasm and ability to work well with others. Same thing for the second round of interview in the office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RSM (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Had a 30-min interview on campus with a Senior and was invited for an in-office interview. Their San Francisco office is absolutely stunning! In-office interview consisted of three 30-min interviews and all were conversational. Like what most have written, they are just trying to get to know you as a person, whether you'll fit in their culture or not. I didn't get an offer so maybe i don't belong there...

Interview Questions

• Why Audit? Make sure you have an answer to this question. And make sure your answer is like a winning answer usually said in beauty pageants.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RSM (New York, NY).

Interview

Met recruiter at career fair, was contacted for an interview a few weeks later, decided I should do the super days in end of October, was contacted 2 days after interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Teamwork question, 5 years question...mainly conversational.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Briefing of resume and interviewed followed with a casual conversation. It was very laid back. They were looking for someone that can handle themselves as a professional, but can carry a conversation beyond the office.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RSM in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus. The whole process took less than a week. Interviewed on campus, and then went to the office for the second round interviews later in the week. In the office, all the recruits were shown a presentation by H.R, and then each person had 3 one-on-one 30 minute interviews with managers and partners.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked to do something unreasonable, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM in October 2013.

Interview

Lasted about 2 weeks. I applied through campus recruiting and interviewed on campus with a partner.

Easy interview we talked about travel.

Office visit included 3 interviews - 1 partner, 2 managers.

Partner told me that most staff leave within a year or two because that's the business structure...there are a lot less senior roles than staff roles.

No technical questions.

A lot of emphasis on teamwork.

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

Went to Meet the Firms in CSULA and talked to an associate. She kindly forwarded my resume to the recruiter and eventually got an email from the HR Department. I was invited to a social the night before my interview, went through the interview process the following day. Went through 3 interviews in total. Must be prepared to answer plenty of questions and have plenty of questions to ask.