RSM Assurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.7

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of in-office interviews on the same day. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. Interviewers were pleasant to talk to, each sharing their experiences and insight of their respective industries.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for RSM

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RSM (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screening for their summer Pathways program, went through resume and asked about my involvement around campus. Was offered a spot in the program at the end of the interview.
    Went to Pathways program and had lunch with partners and other employees both days and was offered a internship after it was over.

Assurance Interview

Interview

RSM heavily recruits from my school so I've attended numerous networking events hosted by on campus accounting clubs. I did their Summer Leadership Program, didn't get an internship offer after the SLP. But networked heavily again the following fall and got an on campus interview. Was scheduled for an on site interview a week later. Interviewed w/ a senior associate, manager, and senior manager. Everyone was always courteous and the interview was very conversational. I had memorized&rehearsed numerous answers to possible questions, but RSM doesn't really ask those typical boring interview questions. Just getting an interview already means you're qualified so they really just want to see if they can get along with you. My best advice would be to look clean and neat, have a good night's rest before hand, and if you can find out who's going to interview you or who usually does the interviewing, GOOGLE them! That way you can bring up shared interests or at least learn a little about racquetball if the interviewer likes that lol. Be relaxed, warm, and welcoming. RSM employees work hard, and play hard as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me a summer internship, hourly pay at $25 an hour pre-taxes.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RSM (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

We were invited earlier in the day to come and play putt putt around the office with a team consisting of interviewee and associates. After that we had a while to sit in an auditorium like room and speak with the other groups and waited for the Partner to come and take us back to their office for an interview. I interviewed with two partners, one was Audit the other was a Tax/Consulting partner. We mostly just talked back and fourth the entire time not sure how long but they just want to see how well you can carry a conversation. You'll be required to that in the field and they want to make sure the aura that you exude is something that wouldn't be offensive or scare off clients from working with the firm in the future. Afterall these partners are the owners of the company they care the most about the image and where the company goes. I did not have to pass a drug screen at any point just signed the tax paperwork and offer of employment. I heard back from them the next day even though they said it might take a week to get back with me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you put a substantial amount of work into something and things just did not go as planned?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university and got an email letting me know that I was selected for an interview. Interviewed at my university and then contacted for an office visit.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were very conversational which is usually easy, but I prepared for behavioral questions and was a little thrown off. I included classes that I took during college on my resume and the interviewer kept asking about what I was learning. Just be prepared to talk fairly in depth about anything on your resume.   Answer Question

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RSM in October 2015.

Interview

They were on campus a couple times for recruitment. They held a networking night the night before the on-campus interview. Met a lot of very friendly people who answered all my questions. The next day at the interview, they told me they were impressed with my conduct in a casual setting (networking event) and now with my conduct in a professional setting (interview). Very laid back interview, comfortable and conversational. Very friendly interviewer, overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A (intern)

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Sioux Falls, SD) in October 2015.

Interview

I went through an on campus interview and then interviewed at the office. Then I got invited back to partake in an onsite interview, which included an office tour and a presentation before interviewing. Interviewed with a total of 3 different people, a senior, a manager, and a partner.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very informal and unnerving. The interview process started on campus of University of Central Florida for a one on one interview with one of the partners. And next, they flew me out to Fort Lauderdale, Fl for a 4 round interview with 3 partners and managers.

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and shortly afterwards a recruiter called me to have a phone interview. Based on that phone interview I was able to get an opportunity for an office interview. First, I was interviewed by one of the audit partners, then a senior audit manager, and lastly by newly promoted audit manager. Each interview was in a separate office, approximately 30 minutes with each individual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself? (The partner was multitasking, he was looking at me and scanning my resume)
      Why McGladrey?
      How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, I did not. If I would have had more work experience maybe but the compensation and benefits were perfect for me.

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RSM in November 2013.

Interview

Applied via Online and was contacted within a week. I spoke with HR and at first everything uneasy - but I assumed HR had an off day. HR set up an in-person office interview w/ two partners and a director. Note that HR provides the interviewer's names - so prepare interview questions to ask them. Ie, I saw that you worked here for X years, (insert question).

Office Interview: Interviewers asked some questions regarding my work experience - however were more concerned about your personality (which is true for most Public accounting firms). My tip is be yourself and be able to recite your resume details (with real-life examples) without looking at it.

Overall prepare by (1) reviewing your resume (2) research recent/major news about McGladrey (3) practice STAR questions (4) prepare questions to ask interviewer

Interview Questions

• As noted above, interviewers will ask you to walk through resume and give examples of your listed duties.   1 Answer

They took over two weeks to extend an offer (obliviously I was on their waitlist since I knew the person they offered first). However, I received an offer from a Big 4 firm during the wait period. So some other poor soul waited even longer to receive their offer. One thing that annoyed me was that the HR was irritated and felt 'betrayed' that I had accepted an other firm's offer.