RSM Assurance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RSM Assurance Interview Questions

Interviews at RSM

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Sioux Falls, SD) in October 2015.

Interview

I went through an on campus interview and then interviewed at the office. Then I got invited back to partake in an onsite interview, which included an office tour and a presentation before interviewing. Interviewed with a total of 3 different people, a senior, a manager, and a partner.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for RSM

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

3 rounds of in-office interviews on the same day. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. Interviewers were pleasant to talk to, each sharing their experiences and insight of their respective industries.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

Since RSM recruits at my school, my first interview happened on campus. There were no situational questions, just questions about my experience and such to see if I was a good fit for their firm. About a few weeks later they called me in for a second interview at their St. Louis location. They had all their potential interns and associates come in on a Tuesday morning to conduct interviews. They seated us in the same conference room so we could interact with one another between our scheduled interviews. (I'd like to think they did this to see how well we communicate with others, since the Office Managing Partner was also in the room talking to us. This is a good time to stand out among the candidates.) The interns were interviewed by two managers, while the associates were interviewed by three. The office interview lasted about 3-4 hours.

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RSM in November 2013.

Interview

Applied via Online and was contacted within a week. I spoke with HR and at first everything uneasy - but I assumed HR had an off day. HR set up an in-person office interview w/ two partners and a director. Note that HR provides the interviewer's names - so prepare interview questions to ask them. Ie, I saw that you worked here for X years, (insert question).

Office Interview: Interviewers asked some questions regarding my work experience - however were more concerned about your personality (which is true for most Public accounting firms). My tip is be yourself and be able to recite your resume details (with real-life examples) without looking at it.

Overall prepare by (1) reviewing your resume (2) research recent/major news about McGladrey (3) practice STAR questions (4) prepare questions to ask interviewer

Interview Questions

• As noted above, interviewers will ask you to walk through resume and give examples of your listed duties.   1 Answer

They took over two weeks to extend an offer (obliviously I was on their waitlist since I knew the person they offered first). However, I received an offer from a Big 4 firm during the wait period. So some other poor soul waited even longer to receive their offer. One thing that annoyed me was that the HR was irritated and felt 'betrayed' that I had accepted an other firm's offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

Recruited on college campus. Second round interview was in Chicago. In Chicago, I interviewed with two different partners in the firm. I heard back from the human resources department within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Assurance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and shortly afterwards a recruiter called me to have a phone interview. Based on that phone interview I was able to get an opportunity for an office interview. First, I was interviewed by one of the audit partners, then a senior audit manager, and lastly by newly promoted audit manager. Each interview was in a separate office, approximately 30 minutes with each individual.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself? (The partner was multitasking, he was looking at me and scanning my resume)
      Why McGladrey?
      How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, I did not. If I would have had more work experience maybe but the compensation and benefits were perfect for me.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Boston, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

McGladrey's interview process was so nice. The first interview took place at school and was really relaxed. I found out I moved on to the second interview, during the interview. The second interview was an in-office interview and had 3 interviewers. They were all really nice and relaxed, caring more about working well as a team rather than telling us we'd have piles of work to do. They treated us to lunch right after I got filet mignon and shared buffalo chick nacho appetizers with them. *thumbs up*

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for McGladrey   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RSM (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screening for their summer Pathways program, went through resume and asked about my involvement around campus. Was offered a spot in the program at the end of the interview.
    Went to Pathways program and had lunch with partners and other employees both days and was offered a internship after it was over.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

Very informal and unnerving. The interview process started on campus of University of Central Florida for a one on one interview with one of the partners. And next, they flew me out to Fort Lauderdale, Fl for a 4 round interview with 3 partners and managers.

Assurance Interview

Interview

RSM heavily recruits from my school so I've attended numerous networking events hosted by on campus accounting clubs. I did their Summer Leadership Program, didn't get an internship offer after the SLP. But networked heavily again the following fall and got an on campus interview. Was scheduled for an on site interview a week later. Interviewed w/ a senior associate, manager, and senior manager. Everyone was always courteous and the interview was very conversational. I had memorized&rehearsed numerous answers to possible questions, but RSM doesn't really ask those typical boring interview questions. Just getting an interview already means you're qualified so they really just want to see if they can get along with you. My best advice would be to look clean and neat, have a good night's rest before hand, and if you can find out who's going to interview you or who usually does the interviewing, GOOGLE them! That way you can bring up shared interests or at least learn a little about racquetball if the interviewer likes that lol. Be relaxed, warm, and welcoming. RSM employees work hard, and play hard as well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me a summer internship, hourly pay at $25 an hour pre-taxes.