RSM Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RSM Audit Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at RSM

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2011.

Interview

3 interviews with a Senior, Manager,Partner.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

First offer came in and i asked for more. They called back within 10 min and made a another offer.

Other Interview Reviews for RSM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM (Tysons, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview with a Director (Manager), and got an email to come in for an office visit. The HR Recruiters were very friendly, energetic, and proud to work for the firm. I interviewed with a Partner, then a Senior Associate. The Partner was more formal, and the Senior Associate was more informal and they both just walked through my resume and interest in the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at McGladrey?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM (Davis, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Phone interview as first round

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

campus interviews and then an in-house interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Once selected for the initial on-campus interview, they take you out to a pre-night interview dinner, where you can potentially meet your actual interviewer, other employees, and your competition. The next day, I was interviewed by a partner on-campus, where it was very much a conversation and laid-back. I heard back within a week for the office visit. In the second-round, I met with a manager and a partner. Again, it was very conversational, and they asked questions based on what you have on your resume. Afterward, they take you out to lunch with a buddy, where you can ask general questions about the firm. It was overall a very organized and fun process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose a mid-sized firm over the big 4?   1 Answer

It was a difficult choice between this firm and another. The other firm was just a better fit.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The office interview was very structured. Interviewed with two managers then went out to lunch with two first year associates.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I actually interviewed for the summer audit internship, which followed a strict recruiting cycle. I first interviewed on-campus with a manager, then I was invited to interview in-house with 3 professionals (director, manager, associate). All interviewers were very courteous and friendly, and never asked anything too demanding. I had conversations with my interviewers about school, sports, and even music. The firm really wants to get to know your personality-- they know that they can teach anyone decently intelligent with their training programs, so personality and cultural fit seem to be the most important things they look for in a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be at McGladrey, as opposed to other mid-tier or big four firms?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with difficulty and how you went about resolving the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered what I felt was slightly under the market rate across all firms, so I politely asked for a modified compensation package. The firm was very receptive and understanding of my request and re-sent my offer letter with a compensation package slightly higher than market rate. Worth a try, especially if you know you want to be with the firm.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Seattle, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

I went through a series of informal interviews before getting a offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

It was an on-campus recruiting interview. There were two greeters waiting in the lobby and I talked with them for about 10 mins before it was time for me to meet the interviewer. They were both very friendly, had been at the firm for 1 year, and went to the school at which I was participating in the on-campus recruit. But make sure you have questions to ask them. (generally stuff about themselves, when did they start, have they taken any parts of the CPA, how do they like working there etc). The interview itself was with a partner. He was very friendly and outgoing. He asked questions like, how did I obtain the internships on my resume, why do you like accounting, what is my 5 year plan, describe to me what you did at each of your internships. Thats about 15-20 mins. Then the next 10-15 is questions that you need to ask the interviewer. Make sure these are conversational, and not just firing questions at your interviewer. Act like you are interested in the response.

Interview Questions

• You say you want to work for a medium sized company, but how can you justify that when your internships have been at large companies?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Vienna, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

Great,