RSM Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.8

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RSM (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in January 2017.

Interview

There were around 20 mcq to test your audit knowledge, essay writing (1 question choose from 5), double entry and personality test. I was interviewed by the manager and I could only describe the manager in one word HARSH. The manager is not friendly at all and tried to challenge all your answers and corner you. This really made me felt demotivated especially this was my first ever interview after I graduated.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for RSM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview was very informal. The interviewer asked if I preferred to work with non-public companies or public companies. No behavioral questions whatsoever.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

The process was fairly straightforward. The partner of the Audit Division asked questions based on what your previous background in accounting was and when your CPA eligibility was. Important note, you should be prepared to answer why you chose Audit at RSM over other firms who might have a larger practice.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

It was through our school career website. It didn't take more than a week. A HR called me and asked several basic questions, such as what is my GPA, where I was academically, and interest... The lady was really nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• I had to take an Auditing exam, which was really hard. They require the score needs to be above 90%.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I was not hired for what I applied for, but I record excellent detail that I'm willing to share. A McGladrey interview will almost be 80% based on your personality, a few behavioral questions, and lots of "tell me about yourself" stuff. They're definitely just getting to know you as a person. Your qualifications to do the job is the main reason the interview is provided--they know that you can do the job, because they'll most likely put you to a formal training program anyway.

It's as described by many: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, by some employees of the firm, to help ease your nerves. Whether or not they have any power in your hiring, that's unknown. Better be nice to everyone. We had a nice relaxing lunch with all the other candidates. Learn a little bit about the firm, the benefits, all that jazz. After lunch, the candidates went their separate ways to meet their respective interviewers. They'll each tell you a little bit about themselves before they get to the real deal.

For me, I had an Audit Partner interview me. Nope. I can feel I sucked. Why? He did not seem very pleased to even be doing interviews, which was an immediate sign that I was not going do well, or have a fair chance. He was interviewing my INTEREST in the position by asking if I have any questions about the job; I had a few, but not enough to last 10-15 minutes conversation. But being that I've always dreamed about being a part of McGladrey and for my dream career choice, what didn't I already know? This was my fault; should've prepared better. It's not an interview about how much you want the position & company, it's about showing the ambition you want for yourself in YOUR career. He had NOTHING scripted, and it was all spur of the moment questions...well, in my case, expecting me to have questions for him.

Interview #2 was with a junior HR person. It was more formal, with the questions I've prepared for in personality questions and a few behavioral. Definitely felt I aced it. But again, I think most of the hiring powers come from Partners. If not, you probably need the approval of both. I already knew I was a lost cause, and accepted defeat after all this.

Below, I share with you some questions in exact form:

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself
      2) Why do you want to work with McGladrey?
      3) Why did you not apply for the Big 4?
      4) Why public and not private?
      5) Why do you like Audit? (or whatever your position is)
      6) Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and how you dealt with this?
      7) Run me down with your resume
      8) Do you have any teamwork/leadership skills?

**Have some questions ABOUT the position you're applying for, even if you know most of it already, to show interest. Be ready to wing random moments of conversation**   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RSM (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

University Posting, University Interview, Office Interview, Offer

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for this position.   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to do what it takes?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing. There were 50 people applying for every position.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Des Moines, IA) in June 2007.

Interview

I was contacted by a regional human resource manager. She reviewed all of my educational background and then conducted a phone interview. At the conclusion she stated she would call back in a week to determine if I would receive an in person interview. I went to the office and met with 4 management level employees for half of a day. I was then instructed that I received an offer and had 2 weeks to make my decision.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

Virtual Interview - basically go in and talk to different recruiters for around 30 minutes. Not a very tough interview process. It was very laid back. The campus recruiter was super helpful

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

Very straightforward, mostly conversational questions. I participated in an on-campus interview through my school. My interviewer was very nice and professional. Wasn't too hard of an interview, just prepare for typical interview questions.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RSM (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2017.

Interview

First there was a written assessment - MCQ as well as essays on audit/accounting and some about yourself (where do you see yourself in 5 years, describe a situation when...). One on one interview with senior manager, talk about yourself and some accounting questions.