RSM Audit Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 9, 2018

2.8

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

Met at career fair, applied through university, had 2 interviews- 1 at school and 1 in office
Interviews were very easy and casual, no analytic questions
Office interview contained 2 interviews plus presentation

Other Interview Reviews for RSM

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

On campus interview for their office in NY. They have a no stress interview which means they don't ask you questions. So unless you have a really awesome partner you can gel with the interview can get really awkward. My best advice is just to let them do all the talking.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RSM (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very Relaxing. Conversational interview. Basic questions. All the candidates were welcomed in the board room of the office after being given an office tour. We then split up each into a room and Partners and managers would come by each room and interview for about 30 minutes until another came by.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you worked on a team?

Why do you want to work here opposed to Big 4   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RSM (Normal, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

It was pleasant and very easy going. They invited me out for appetizers and drinks the night before. They also have greeters who you can get the nerves out before the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      When was a time you were faced with a difficult decision and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM (Washington, DC) in January 2014.

Interview

Met with HR manager and partner. Not a technical interview. Looking for highly motivated individuals ready to learn. Also a half day event where we got to meet additional members of the team. Overall, a very relaxed approach.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about the job?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

On campus interview by a senior manager, who was accompanied by a few first years. The next day I was invited to head down to the office for more interviews. For the in-office interview, I interviewed with four people - a senior, a supervisor, a manager, and a partner.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to ask a lot of questions during the interview. In my case, more than one of the interviewers essentially asked me to interview them.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

I was surprised at how relaxed and conversational the first interview went. The employees were all extremely informative and excited to tell you about their experience at McGladrey. Most of the interview we discussed my abroad experience and some past work at my internship.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I was not hired for what I applied for, but I record excellent detail that I'm willing to share. A McGladrey interview will almost be 80% based on your personality, a few behavioral questions, and lots of "tell me about yourself" stuff. They're definitely just getting to know you as a person. Your qualifications to do the job is the main reason the interview is provided--they know that you can do the job, because they'll most likely put you to a formal training program anyway.

It's as described by many: Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, by some employees of the firm, to help ease your nerves. Whether or not they have any power in your hiring, that's unknown. Better be nice to everyone. We had a nice relaxing lunch with all the other candidates. Learn a little bit about the firm, the benefits, all that jazz. After lunch, the candidates went their separate ways to meet their respective interviewers. They'll each tell you a little bit about themselves before they get to the real deal.

For me, I had an Audit Partner interview me. Nope. I can feel I sucked. Why? He did not seem very pleased to even be doing interviews, which was an immediate sign that I was not going do well, or have a fair chance. He was interviewing my INTEREST in the position by asking if I have any questions about the job; I had a few, but not enough to last 10-15 minutes conversation. But being that I've always dreamed about being a part of McGladrey and for my dream career choice, what didn't I already know? This was my fault; should've prepared better. It's not an interview about how much you want the position & company, it's about showing the ambition you want for yourself in YOUR career. He had NOTHING scripted, and it was all spur of the moment questions...well, in my case, expecting me to have questions for him.

Interview #2 was with a junior HR person. It was more formal, with the questions I've prepared for in personality questions and a few behavioral. Definitely felt I aced it. But again, I think most of the hiring powers come from Partners. If not, you probably need the approval of both. I already knew I was a lost cause, and accepted defeat after all this.

Below, I share with you some questions in exact form:

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself
      2) Why do you want to work with McGladrey?
      3) Why did you not apply for the Big 4?
      4) Why public and not private?
      5) Why do you like Audit? (or whatever your position is)
      6) Tell me about a time you made a mistake, and how you dealt with this?
      7) Run me down with your resume
      8) Do you have any teamwork/leadership skills?

**Have some questions ABOUT the position you're applying for, even if you know most of it already, to show interest. Be ready to wing random moments of conversation**   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Davenport, IA) in October 2013.

Interview

First round interview on campus. Very conversation, no behavioral type questions whatsoever. Really just getting a sense of whether or not you're a complete social weirdo I believe. Waited a few days and received a call back that informed me I had passed through to the next round, which were in office interviews. The night before the in office interview, we were taken as a group of candidates (probably 20 of us - tax and audit combined) out for a nice dinner. At the dinner you're given an opportunity to sit and mingle with a few partners. It's a nice way to calm the nerves as you get to meet your interviewer(s) in a less formal setting.

Next morning there are a series of 3, 1-on-1, 30-minute interviews. All are with a partner or director. My 3 interviewers all seemed like nice and comfortable folks to speak with. There is no script that each interviewer appeared to be following. All interviews were very conversational, and quite honestly, very comfortable. Well, as comfortable as those things can be. Most had the same questions: "Why do you want to work in Public Accounting (vs. private)?", "What appeals to you about Audit (or tax)?",..."What are your interests outside of school and work?". Also, this was for an entry level position.

Interview Questions

• There honestly were no real difficult questions in my 4 total interviews. Very relaxed, 1-on-1 sort of conversational interview. Was actually surprised that I didn't have to field a single "...give me a time you did this or that..." question. Surprised and thankful. Not a huge fan of those.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

campus interviews and then an in-house interview