RSM Consulting Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.5

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Boston, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

30 minute on campus interview with a manager. All behavioral questions, and was more like a conversation. Very personable interviewer that was easy to talk to. Overall really liked the process and the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a time you had a bad partner in a group project? If so, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for RSM

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

First it was a meet and great then an on site interview in their office then a phone call with the team lead for the team I was chosen. Mostly all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience with working with a difficult team members...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

THe interview was an on campus interview, with two consultants. Questions were purely behavioral, with little to no experiential questions. Overall, I was very disappointed with the process. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would be notified of the results a week later, and two and a half weeks later had heard nothing back. I ended up reaching out to the recruiter who had been specifically talking with me, and less than 24 hours later received a note from a different staff member saying that I was not selected to move on in the process.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was an on campus interview. Very friendly environment with a casual one-on-one conversation geared toward behavioral questions. Second round was in-office with four interviews with employees at different levels. Second round felt very similar to the first.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was great. Showed around the office, was interview by two managers and a principle, then after was taken out to lunch. an overall fun experience. No need to feel any pressure if you're worried at all. They are very nice people.

Interview Questions

• They were all behavioral questions, some generic, some curve balls.   1 Answer

Consultant Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RSM (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

Office interview with three interviews, one forty five minutes, and the other two thirty minutes. Casual and pretty laid back. Mostly about myself and some behavioral questions, but overall easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I have a phone interview with the partner. The experience is more about the previous education and working experiences. What are some of the reason you want to relocate to this city? What are some of the struggle that you have been gone through? Why RSM? Why this position? Why should we hire you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RSM (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Please save yourself time and not apply to this company. HR is very UNORGANIZED since they don't tell you the status of your application. I had a phone interview which went very well and they called me in for the office interview and that also went very well. The director said they'll get back to me the following day, but I had no response from them till 4 days. Total waste of my time!

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

Overall a great interview process. HR was extremely helpful and the interview process had no case component which allowed you to really express who you are and why you're a good fit.

Round 1: In office: Three consecutive 30-45 minute interviews (Associate, Manager, Director). Mainly asking why you want to work there over other firms (important to note middle market)
    - A good reason for the middle market is that you are put on meaningful projects that you won't get in boutique firms, but get exposure to decision makers which you might not get at a large firm.

Round 2: Confirmation email with another Director
    - Overall very friendly environment

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with three different people. Each interview was 30-40 minutes over the course of one day. Each interview was very conversational. It seems like they want to make sure you are professional and will be enjoyable to work with.