RSM Consulting Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2017

2.5

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM (Harrisonburg, VA) in September 2013.

Interview

Standard interview process, the HR team tries to add value where other big 4 accounting firms do not. Focuses heavily on middle market clients and public sector work in the greater washington DC area. Not much travel involved in work other than local.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for RSM

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

First round was an on campus interview. Very friendly environment with a casual one-on-one conversation geared toward behavioral questions. Second round was in-office with four interviews with employees at different levels. Second round felt very similar to the first.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with three different people. Each interview was 30-40 minutes over the course of one day. Each interview was very conversational. It seems like they want to make sure you are professional and will be enjoyable to work with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

THe interview was an on campus interview, with two consultants. Questions were purely behavioral, with little to no experiential questions. Overall, I was very disappointed with the process. At the end of the interview, I was told that I would be notified of the results a week later, and two and a half weeks later had heard nothing back. I ended up reaching out to the recruiter who had been specifically talking with me, and less than 24 hours later received a note from a different staff member saying that I was not selected to move on in the process.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward and quick. The Recruiter was really good and quick with his responses. The whole process took about 2 weeks or so. The partners and directors were really nice and straight forward with their interviews. We had some small talk and then we jumped right into the questions typically.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what are your straights, what are your weaknesses, why are you leaving your job, why come to this job, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I have a phone interview with the partner. The experience is more about the previous education and working experiences. What are some of the reason you want to relocate to this city? What are some of the struggle that you have been gone through? Why RSM? Why this position? Why should we hire you?

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Dallas, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 office interviews. Office interview consisted of interview with entire team as well as a few partners. Interview was very relaxed and informal. Asked basic interview questions. Whole process was long as it took 6+ weeks. Accepted offer and was offered bonus as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Met a partner at University event and he sent my resume to recruiter. I had a phone interview and then did not hear back. Was contacted a few weeks later by a senior recruiter and set up interview with Consulting team. Met with partner in consulting as well as a director.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, typical interview. Very nice & felt like more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Interview

This is a combination of behavioral and situational interviews. Prior experience and communication skills are key. You meet with a Senior, Manager/Director and Partner. HR is nice and friendly. It's a half hour to 45 minute interview with each. They are mid market, so its essential to know specific industries and not be too demanding.

Interview Questions

• They will just ask you something you don't have experience with. It's how you answer that counts. Be prepared to answer questions on how you manage staff, leadership and your future career path/goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by on-campus interview with a Partner of the Firm. Final round in-office interview with Partner and Director. Mostly behavioral type questions.