RSM Consulting Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.5

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consulting Associate Interview

Interview

Met with a recruiter. Then brought in to meet with several directors and a partner

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with your CPA   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for RSM

Consulting Associate Interview

Interview

Met them at a career expo and received an invitation to interview at our career center. The interview was extremely casual and felt more like a conversation. I was able to steer it to whatever topics I wanted. I was told there would be a case question, but was never asked one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty working on a team? What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RSM (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Please save yourself time and not apply to this company. HR is very UNORGANIZED since they don't tell you the status of your application. I had a phone interview which went very well and they called me in for the office interview and that also went very well. The director said they'll get back to me the following day, but I had no response from them till 4 days. Total waste of my time!

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

First it was a meet and great then an on site interview in their office then a phone call with the team lead for the team I was chosen. Mostly all behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience with working with a difficult team members...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Met the firm at a career fair at University. This was most important for me, as it was my "first impression" of them. Although firm associates may act short/uninterested they are paying attention and want candidates that seem interested and eager to learn, not just someone "dropping off their resume". I followed through and applied for an interview through Career Services. The on campus interview was held 1 on 1 with a manager and consisted of behavioral questions and your experiences. 2 weeks later, I received an email asking me to come in for an office visit. The office visit was very relaxed and I did not feel as nervous as I had with other firms. I interviewed with 2 directors and 1 manager. They touched on my resume but were more interested in chatting and getting a sense of my personality. That night, we were invited for a social at a restaurant downtown and were able to meet more associates and managers (including managing partner), and met the other potential job candidates. I focused on networking and socializing with the firms associates who were surprisingly very open and eager to chat. Received a phone call 2 days later with the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted the initial offer, as it was market rate, and did not expect firm to negotiate higher, especially for entry level position. Do your research, for me, it was more important to "get my foot in the door" than potentially ruin the experience by asking for 2-3K more and being turned down. The offer was adequate for entry level.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Charlotte, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Met with a senior manager through a recruiting event and had an informal interview on site (golf course). Received an email a few days later from the regional HR recruiter extending an office visit. The office visit consisted of two 45 minute one-on-one interviews with managers from the consulting practice. There were no behavioral questions or anything drawing too much stress, more of a relaxed conversation trying to get a feel for the job and the interviewer trying to get a feel for your interests and goals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had difficulty working in a group environment and how did you handle this situation.   1 Answer

I received an offer from another firm that provided more personal opportunities.

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was great. I had met many of my interviewers at business events before the formal interview and so I was excited about the opportunity. However, the interview turned negative when I received no reply by email or over the phone afterwards. While this is typical, it was particularly frustrating because even after calling and leaving messages with the interviewers, I was granted no response.

I was promised reimbursement for my travel expenses on two separate occasions by two separate HR Reps and I never received it (because I could never get a hold of them!)

Interview Questions

• The interview was four hours long, however most of the questions were casual. There were no behavioral or situational questions.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

Overall a great interview process. HR was extremely helpful and the interview process had no case component which allowed you to really express who you are and why you're a good fit.

Round 1: In office: Three consecutive 30-45 minute interviews (Associate, Manager, Director). Mainly asking why you want to work there over other firms (important to note middle market)
    - A good reason for the middle market is that you are put on meaningful projects that you won't get in boutique firms, but get exposure to decision makers which you might not get at a large firm.

Round 2: Confirmation email with another Director
    - Overall very friendly environment

Consulting Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM in May 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed. Applied online and receive a phone interview within 2 weeks of apply. After the phone interview I was scheduled to have an on site interview within the next week. Got an offer after the 1 on 1 interview within 2 days.

Consultant Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RSM (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

Office interview with three interviews, one forty five minutes, and the other two thirty minutes. Casual and pretty laid back. Mostly about myself and some behavioral questions, but overall easy.