RSM Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

First-round on-campus interview, mainly behavioral questions and why position/why company. 20-30 minutes long. They ask for preferences for the position and location you want. Gives opportunity for you to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for RSM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

It was disorganized. The interviewer asked questions that seemed irrelevant. I did not take a liking to the company. I felt as if my age, and I'm only 27, was too old to add to the company. No hard feelings, but that interview was more of a mock interview for the big 4. Sorry!

Interview Questions

• Would you feel uncomfortable having superiors who are younger?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview I got after talking to recruiters. Very brief get to know you style interview. Asked a bit about why I wanted to internal audit, other than that really not many behavioral questions, more just walk me through resume and why RSM type stuff. Very casual, comfortable which was reassuring but I believe they're looking for more technical skills than human capital.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through college career center after meeting them at the career fair in person. Got an on campus interview which went well. Found out about a week later that the position had already been filled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Through my university, had a phone interview and then an at the office interview. They questions were very conversational and not difficult. No behavioral based questions were asked. They were difficult to get ahold of, especially the recruiter. They seemed like they wanted to hire me and let me choose which field I wanted but then never got back to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RSM (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

They held an event the night before the interviews as a way to network with the interviewer and "break the ice." The interview was held on campus and I only had one interviewer who was very welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for after this internship? Are you planning on going back to school?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I sent my resume in via a friend. I did get a phone call interview. Basically asking me about my experience and what I area I was interested in pursuing at McGladrey. Didn't ask much, pretty short conversation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

There was an interview on campus after many meetings through networking events. I had never met the person interviewing me prior to the interview. Attending the events was definitely worth it though to grasp the culture of the firm.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why did you pick accounting.
      Why us?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

Went to the career fair and then applied for the internship. Got invited to the social event in the town of my college. Started with an interview on campus. Was then invited to do the in office interviews where I went to another social event the night before and met the employees of that office. The next day I sat with 2 separate partners and had 30 min interviews. Asked behavioral questions and had general conversation about my plans and current life situation.

Interview Questions

• Conversations led to things I didn't want to talk about. Would ask a question and I gave a brief answer on the topic. They pressed for more information.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Blue Bell, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with two different people. The first being someone who was high up in auditing (I'm not sure if he was a partner or not), and the second being someone in HR. The entire process took about 30-40 minutes. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. I applied online and then I called a few days later to ask if they were hiring, and I got an interview.

Interview Questions

• What kind of culture do you want to work for
      Describe a difficult situation you had in the past and how you worked through it.
      (Questions were not very difficult)   1 Answer