RSM Senior Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RSM Senior Tax Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at RSM

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call from recruiter followed by interview with partner, lunch with staff, and interviews with two senior managers. The interviews for the most part had a very informal tone. A lot of small talk with the sense that they were trying to get a feel for my personality as much as my experience.

Interview Questions

• Interview mostly centered on my prior experience. Detailed explanations of my roles with prior firms.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for RSM

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at RSM (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Very informative and relatively less technical than expected. The interviewers involved upper level management that included the partner in charge of the group, two senior managers, and one manager from a different group that the group worked closely with. The manager from another group provided a nice break up in the interviewing process and was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in this group?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Detroit, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!

Contacted by recruiter via email. Shared resume and talked to recruiter on the phone a few times. Interviewed at the office with 3 employees at different levels.

Interview went fairly well. Recruiter called back and said they liked me and my background, but felt I "wasn't interested enough" in the position. So I guess taking time out of your schedule to talk to a recruiter multiple times, being amenable to changes in interview date and time (even a change on the day of), and taking PTO from your current job to meet with them wasn't enough of an interest. I was very interested, but glad it didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about RSM?   1 Answer

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RSM in May 2014.

Interview

I got the phone call from the recruiter almost the day after I applied for the position online. The recruiter asked some basic questions such as background, job expectation, summary of past experience, totaled 15 minutes. After I told her that I was scheduled for an on-site interview the next week, she scheduled an interview with them immediately.
    The interview was with two directors and one partner. One director seemed pretty serious at the beginning. No specific technical questions or behavior questions asked. Just briefly talking about my past experience, career interests, etc. Another director was more doing the promotion of the company, talking about how great it was to work for this company. Also tried to feel your personality. Finally the partner interview was a bit rough. He came in telling me having not looked at my resume, and asked me to tell him about myself. Tips is to stay calm when interviewer showed less interests in you. He also asked about how I supervised other accountants, some projects I worked on, research skills, etc. He showed more interests as our conversation progressed. I got an offer about three days later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Be familiar with your past experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered more than I expected so I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied to job posted on website. Received a call from HR and had a screen interview. Then called to arrange face to face interview. Then a second face to face with partners. Then a third face to face with other team members and partners.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at RSM (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process went really smoothly. I met with one of the partners, a director, and a manager. My entire vist lasted about 4 hours. I wasn't asked any hypothetical questions related questions. The interviewers made general conversation about the company and the type of work and the conversation flowed from there. I asked quesitons based on the industry as well as questions based on the comments that the interviewers made. Each interviewer conversed with me for about an hour or so.

Interview Questions

• I was multiple times if I had any questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was made an offer. I did not attempt to negotiate the offer as I thought it was fair offer. I suppose I could have tried to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RSM (Tacoma, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn then through McGladrey's website. I was an out-of-state applicant so it took very long to get to the interview process. About two months after applying, I received an email from their recruiter. She called me for a interview screening-things went well during this phone screen. About two weeks later, I was set up on a Skype interview with the Partner/Directors. I guess that went well because they gave me an offer less than a week later. The process was quick after the two months of screening my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a tax difficulty you had with a client and how did you solve the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy and comparable to other firms. We talked about experiences and personal life things. Felt pretty professional but more of a conversation rather than an interviewer. I had 2 different interviewers in their office. Overall the interview lasted may 1 hour plus or minus.

Interview Questions

• What areas of tax practice do you need more development on and what is one that you could train others on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was some negation over salary and initial PTO. Wasn't too hard to ask for more.

Senior Tax Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM in October 2011.

Interview

I interview on campus with a recruiter. A week later, I received a phone call asking me to come to the office to interview with four people. I was told that it would take about 2 hours. I interviewed with all four- total time 2 1/2 hours.

Tax Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process went well, I met a lot of great people. Going through the hiring process rright now

Negotiation

yes I was able to negotiate, stick to your guns