RSM Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.4

49 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

The interview process was pretty laid back. Most of the interviewers were only trying to get to know me better, and they hardly asked me any questions. I talked to three different interviewers, and the interview took a total of two hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were a leader. Describe a situation where there was conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for RSM

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2009.

Interview

Job interview over the phone following successful internship in the different location. Phone interview was non-technical, basically just concerning inter-communicational skills, personality and career aspiration. Pleasant. It was conducted by two people: head of the practice areas in that location and second person in command in the same practice area.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RSM in October 2014.

Interview

First round on campus interview was very laid back and conversational. On site visit consisted of three 30 minute interviews that were all very casual and conversational as well. Everyone at the firm was very approachable and made an effort to make you feel comfortable. Heard from the firm same day as the office visit. Overall very easy, relaxed process.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RSM (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online I heard back about a month or two later. I had a phone interview with the recruiter to see if I was still interested. About 2 weeks after the phone interview I went to Atlanta for an office interview on April 30th 2015. I interviewed with 4 people then went to lunch with the staff. The interview and lunch felt comfortable and natural. I got the job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Talked about my resume, my personality, and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at RSM (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview with a senior manager and a partner. There is no difficult technical questions. Mostly talking about your past experience and why choose RSM. very laid back interview and the office tour was great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RSM (Baltimore, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting website. I got an interview about 2 weeks later. I attended a pre interview reception on campus the night before the interview and met various members of the team. I heard back for a round 2 interview the Monday following the Friday interview.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2011.

Interview

I had not previously done any networking with the company. I was asked to come in on a Wednesday to have two 1/2-hour interviews. Each was one-on-one with a Tax professional (not with HR). Some HR folks gave a presentation about the company, as well. I also took a tour of the office. I had my offer by Friday (same week).

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RSM (Irvine, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

I initially connected with McGladrey through 'Meet the Firms' event on campus. I applied through the campus career center for an on-campus interview with the firm, which required a resume, a cover letter, and an unofficial transcript. Within about a week, I was notified that I was selected for an interview. I had a 1:1 (30 minute) on-campus interview with a manager (who I had met at the 'Meet the Firms' event), which consisted of a few work experience and behavioral questions.

Approximately 2-3 weeks later, I was notified via e-mail that I was invited for an Office Visit. The night before the Office Visit, the firm hosted a 'Pre-Interview Mixer' at a local restaurant, where candidates had the opportunity to meet more professionals. The Office Visit consisted of three 1:1 (30 minute) interviews. I interviewed with a Director, a Partner, then a Manager. The interviewers spent about 15 minutes asking behavioral questions, and left the rest of the time for me to ask any questions I had (about the firm, the public accounting field, their career, etc.). Be prepared with questions!

After the interviews, the other candidates and I were taken out to lunch with an Associate and a Senior, where we had the opportunity to ask any last questions about the firm. Two days later I received a call with an offer from the Partner that I interviewed with. Overall, the process was very organized and enjoyable. Everyone who I interviewed with was very engaging and seemed happy to work at the firm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for McGladrey (as opposed to another mid-tier or a Big Four firm)?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RSM (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2011.

Interview

After submitting my resume and other application materials online, I was invited to the office for an interview. There were several other candidates visiting the office that same day. I had two interviews, each 30 minutes long. I spoke with a Manager and a Partner in Tax. The questions they asked were conversational, mainly dealing with my work style and experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how comfortable I am doing research and using my findings practically.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at RSM.

Interview

First round on-campus. Second round pre-interview dinner and then 4 1/2 hours at the office the next day, which included a company presentation, 3 one-on-one interviews with managers and directors, and lunch with staff at the end. Everyone there was friendly. However, not sure how they picked the people who got offers in the end. Perhaps based on a better cultural fit or a higher degree (MST?)

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. The interviews were very conversational and laid-back. Mostly wanted to get to know you. Will definitely ask why McGladrey and why tax.   Answer Question