RTI International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017

2.6

Innovation Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RTI International (Durham, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I received an invite to conduct phone interview a week after I completed the online application. The interviewer was very nice and engaging. The questions was directly related to the advertised job description and gauge my past experiences in those components. Two weeks after the interview, I got a rejection email.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at RTI International (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had three interviews with RTI, all of which went really well and they seemed really excited about me working with them. After saying they'd get back to me in a week, I never heard back from them even after reaching out to them a couple times. I found the whole process to be rather disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were more of discussions about my opinions rather than direct & difficult questions   Answer Question

Public Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RTI International (Research Triangle Park, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screening and a week or so later was called for an in-person interview where I met with four different people. I had a phone interview the next day with someone who had been out of the office. Everyone I met was incredibly nice and asked basic interview questions. However, they did not contact after the interview and I had to reach out and was given the run-around when I inquired about my status over two and a half weeks later.

Interview Questions

• To explain previous research experience - what were the main findings   Answer Question

Test Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RTI International (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

online, phone and then video interviews
    I was available as they asked, and stated so. I did not have a lot of direct experience in the area, but pointed to related experiences. They did call one of my references. There was a lot of pre-hire paperwork and online work.

Interview Questions

• asked repeatedly if I met the specific availability terms and the other qualifications, asked me how I was experienced and qualified for the position   1 Answer

Economist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RTI International (Durham, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a brief phone screening interview followed by a full day interview a few weeks later. Required to give a presentation and had five 30 minute interviews. Everyone was very nice, the questions were not too difficult although some of the individual interviews were more technical than others.

Epidemiologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RTI International (Washington, DC) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week. First round was a phone screening where they wanted to know more about my background, why I was interested in RTI, etc. It took them six weeks to get back to me for a second round in person interview. The in person interview was very professional and took about four hours. It was a panel interview with five different people. The interview went very well, but I was ultimately not offered the position as the funding for the project fell through.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for behavioral interviewing. They want to know how well you work with others, communication, initiative, etc.   Answer Question

Public Health Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RTI International (Durham, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

All day interviews with HR, junior staff, and senior staff. Some interviews involved 2 people. Asked about particular skills and experience working in federal government funded research, what you feel most comfortable doing. Why you are interested in working at RTI, strengths and weaknesses, most challenging situation encountered at work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your research experience. What do you hope to gain working at RTI? Can you send a writing sample?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Research Triangle Park, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RTI International (Research Triangle Park, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

I had an initial phone screening and several weeks later had a day of several meetings with different stakeholders. The day on-site meetings was long, but not unpleasant. I didn't feel like I was being grilled at any point, rather it seemed like they were more interested in learning more about my experiences, and how my background and experience meshed with the sort of work they were doing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my research agenda, which seemed a bit odd as I was not applying for a PhD-level position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RTI International.

Interview

Applied from a post on their website and heard back within the week from the recruiter. First step was a informative phone call about the position where I was asked a few questions about my interests. I was then called back for an in-person interview and it was very pleasant. I had very cheerful interviewers who gave a lot of detailed information about the position beforehand. Informed within the week on their decision.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Not Adding Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at RTI International (Raleigh, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

it was a nice interview process. spoke with the hr fist then spoke with the hiring manager then went into for a 2 person panel interview. No pressure, very relaxed interview.