RW Lynch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RW Lynch Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.4

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at RW Lynch.

Interview

They tell you about the job, company, your role. Basically, your job is to cold call on the telephone with small/medium size attorneys and law firms and get them to sign up for the RW Lynch referral program. If you are ok with your job being a telephone cold caller all day, with commission, this might be for you as the firm seems to be growing. But make no mistake, your job is to use the telephone and cold call attorneys all day long. After learning more about the position, I decided to not purse the interview process beyond the initial one.

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RW Lynch (San Ramon, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Very welcoming atmosphere and environment. Family oriented and positive outlook. Typical questions. Strength and Weaknesses. Sales Experience, are you coach-able, quick learner etc. How well do you handle rejection and do you take constructive criticism? Are you comfortable in a stressful performance based environment? What is your ability to be a self starter because each employee is essentially their own entrepreneur/business owner.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions. Strength and Weaknesses. Sales Experience, are you coach-able, quick learner etc. How well do you handle rejection and do you take constructive criticism? Are you comfortable in a stressful performance based environment? What is your ability to be a self starter because each employee is essentially their own entrepreneur/business owner.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RW Lynch (Chandler, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

2 hour interview with Human resources and two managers. Had to go into the office and face-time with Human Resources. HR manager was one of the 10 people let go during my two and a half months with company.

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RW Lynch (San Ramon, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

No smoke and mirrors, manager in the interview is brutally honest about the position so you know what you're walking into. Recruiters are also in the meeting asking light follow ups but really the manager is who you are speaking to, to see if you are a good fit for the team or not.

Interview Questions

• Previous job experiences but it's more about who you are than what you've done.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RW Lynch (San Ramon, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

This was an excellent company to interview and they do everything in -house, from a recruiting standpoint. It is a marketing position. There are approximately 100 employees in a second generation family-owned company. They work in a specialized niche in the legal/ lawyer marketing space and after some time there, have determined that are unique in a unique marketplace.

Interview Questions

• Discuss your highest income years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RW Lynch (San Ramon, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview started with the local recruiter who really was just telling me more about the company and the job than he was interviewing me. He was very nice and somewhat informal during the process. He informed me that it was hos job to basically make sure I showed up and that I could hold a conversation befor= before passes me to the HR interviewer. The HR interviewer was a kind lady who came in to make sure I was motivated by money. Now everyone loves money but by hiring employees who are solely motivated by money can lead to distasteful selling habits. She informed me of the company sales flow and the company history.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about how out company works?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at RW Lynch.

Interview

Quick process 2 person interview walked me through their sales process very realistic nice office and friendly people great business model work with personal injury attorneys and sell exclusive areas and advertising

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set base and commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RW Lynch (San Ramon, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

The recruitment process seemed professional. Clean, pleasant atmosphere, atrium in the building, nice staff, rock and roll music piped throughout the building. Monitors on the wall track the real-time productivity numbers of each sales person.

Interview Questions

• If one of your co-workers was struggling with their sales, would you cheer them on and help, or focus on yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RW Lynch (Chandler, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen with an HR rep that was not an actual employee of the company, but a contract employee. She was let go within 6 weeks of my hire. Set for an interview with the local GM, then a second interview with both local managers.

Interview Questions

• All very standard questions - very sales orientated. No problem saying that you are money motivated.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable, though I did try to increase base.

National Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RW Lynch (San Ramon, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

I applied online through Careerbuilder.com. I was contacted to do an initial phone interview of a 10 minutes or so. The next step was a one on one with the HR Director. This was your typical first interview with a lot of general questions however, she considers herself to be a person who has great instincts on the people she interviews. She's the kind of person who is never wrong. This is the person you have to impress the most. I suggest you present yourself in the most professional manner possible. Bring in a portfolio of your successes along with multiple resumes and a coffee to impress her. The next interview was with the HR Director initially and then the Company President. This interview took 45 minutes to an hour. If you made it to this interview, all you have to do is simply act professionally and show a backbone about how you would handle your employees and you will get his approval. This guy can be easily sold. The final interview is with the HR Director and the CFO and is where they discuss your pay with you.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would motivate a disengaged employee?   1 Answer
    • Show me your marketing/sales plan for the first year of your tenure in this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is when they totally confuse you on how you are going to get paid. This is the most critical part of the process. I suggest you ask for the last 2-3 years of commissions earned by the preceeding NAM as a comparison on how much you will be paid. You will find that $30K is the max. Given that, I would suggest you suggest monthly bonuses for you to hit your minumum sales number. The company offers bonuses to your sales people on a very regular basis of 1000-2500/month if they sell 2 units or more. That should tell you how difficult a sale this is. Get a bonus if you sell more than 10 units of $1500 or so. This should earn you an additional 10-15K / year.

You should know that you can negotiate up to 3 weeks of vacation; they will only offer you one. You will get a full benefit package but the HR Director likes to switch providers every year so be prepared to change doctors and dentists often.

I would also ask for a regularly planned meeting between you and the company President to review your performance. Every 90 days is what I would suggest. This company will write you up for performance as well as behavior so make sure you have a documented history of your meetings with anyone in management. Record them with audio or on paper and have the other department heads sign off on your documentation. You can't be paranoid enough with this group.