RWE npower Graduate Quantitative Risk Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RWE npower Graduate Quantitative Risk Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

Business Planning Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RWE npower.

Interview

The process was a face to face interview and presentation to the team manager and team coordinator. The interviewer was friendly and put me at ease. The process was fairly standard competency based questions plus a presentation on how I would deliver the required objectives of the role.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for RWE npower

Graduate Business Leadership Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RWE npower.

Interview

This was the middle part of their application process. I did the online application and then a recorded video interview. If I get through the next stage is the assessment centre.

In the video interview you are given two minutes of prep/googling time before recording your answer for up to two minutes.

Interview Questions

• NPower are trying to become more digital... what is your favourite app and why?

Why do you want to work in the energy industry?

Why do you want to work for RWE NPower?

When have you experienced change? (in your professional career or personal life) What did you do? What would you do differently?

How do you deal with a bad relationship with a team member?

Project Manager/Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RWE npower (Solihull, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online; received an invite for half-an-hour telephone interview with the recruiting managers; after the successful telephone interview, was invited for a 2 hour face-to-face interview. The f2f interview had about 45mins dedicated to a case scenario presentation followed by generic questions and then competency questions. The interviewers didn't seem to be interested in my answers as I noticed them looking around or lost in their own thoughts. The questions themselves were confusing and weren't in your normal competency format where one could apply the STAR method - something that was advertised beforehand. The moment I left the building, I knew it was a wastage of time.

Business Leadership Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RWE npower in January 2017.

Interview

Online application which led to an E-Test. I then got an invite to do a Video Interview and passing this was told to keep dates open for Assessment Centre Invite.

Passed video interview but was placed on reserve list and not invited.

Interview Questions

• Video interview:
      Q: Why do you want to work for us?
      Q: Describe a time when you have had to deal with confrontation?
      Q: What made you choose Npower?
      Q: Name your favourite social media app, and why is it your favourite?

There were 5 in total but these are all i can remember.

Management Book Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at RWE npower (Solihull, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview was with the line manager and a senior analyst in your chosen area. It was located at their UK headquarters and lasted for around an hour. Each of them introduced themselves, what they did on a day to day basis and gave a brief overview of the role you were applying for. Then the remainder was interview questions.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at RWE npower.

Interview

The position was acquired through participate in the future leaders challenge. Every year RWE Npower has competitions such as the energy challenge, where the participants has to actively take on a challenge usually concerning renewables/the environment. Competing these competitions are a great way to secure a job with the company as starts a contact with HR & senior staff which can lead to negotiation of internships.

Interview Questions

• What role are you interested in the firm?
      Why you want an internship in this area?
      How will this will align with your future plans/goal.
      This section be inaccurate as the position was not arrived at through the standard internship format.

Process Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RWE npower (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for job via the website and was contacted by a member of Npower's internal recruitment team within a week or so. I had a 15 minute informal telephone conversation with really friendly gentleman who explained the job in detail and discuss my experience.

I was eventually called in to take part in a seven hour assessment centre which took place at a really nice hotel in Leeds. We started off with a group discussion and then undertook a practical work-based task. This was followed by a 10 minute speed interview and a presentation task. A received a job offer 4 working days after the assessment.

Interview Questions

• I had 10 minutes to explain why I was suitable for the role.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at RWE npower (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Extremely informal, to the point where hardly any questions were asked. Location was poor, as there were many people around. No privacy. Also, they did not go through my CV at all, as it was clear from what was being asked, and there was no structure whatsoever with the questions.

Transition Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at RWE npower (Solihull, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Utterly disgusting treatment...

I applied for a role in Leeds as a Business Analyst. This was a 3 mth contract although I am aware that permanent positions may have been available.

The interview for the role however, was in Solihull. No offer of travel expenses was made, despite me being unemployed, so I spent 2 days negotiating with the jobcentre to pay for my travel. Equally, no offer of a Skype interview was made either.

I travelled from Sheffield to Birmingham, walked round to Moor Street station, got on the train to Solihull, only to receive a call from the interviewer, stating that there were not enough people for the panel. Why this took until noon when they had been in all Morning and would've known before I started to travel, is beyond me. No offer of travel expenses was made, although they did offer to pay for the next interview, which was likely to take place in Leeds.

I was offered another date but informed the interviewer I would need to check my diary, as I had a week of interviews. I was then told to communicate with HR. I arrived back home from a wasted trip, and emailed HR confirming my availability for a future date. I also had to request confirmation that the interview had been cancelled, in order to comply with my jobseekers agreement. All I got back was an email stating they would be in touch. That was over 2 weeks ago. I sent a reminder asking for an update on the rescheduled date, and over 10 days later, I have no reply.

I do not recall being asked if I needed any adjustments as a disabled person for this interview. I have now emailed HR to state I am putting up this review and am nothing short of disgusted at their behaviour and treatment of me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RWE npower (Leeds, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an interview request about a week later - face to face but I know they do phone interviews too, so I assume there's a criteria and hose on the fringe get the phone interview first. Competency based interview, around ten questions - mix of around 'how do you...' Questions designed to test your knowledge and 'tell me about a time when...' Situational competency based questions. There was nothing totally surprising or that people would struggle with.

Interviewers were at ease, conversed well and it didn't feel high pressure or uncomfortable. There was no presentation needed.

Heard back 4 business days later with an offer.