RWE npower Interview Questions | Glassdoor

RWE npower Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

Business Change Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RWE npower (Leeds, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

At the interview received a brief to produce a 10 minute presentation on business change impacts. 30 minute preparation using flip chart and pens. Presented to a 2 member panel followed by questions for 20 minutes. Brief lacked detail but did allow you to get across key messages rather than focussing on process. Panel sought additional information following the presentation and then reviewed CV. Questions were fair and panel members were open and friendly.

Infrastructure Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RWE npower (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

It was fairly standard. The panel was made up of two people. One of the women who interviewed me was somewhat helpful in making me feel at ease. But the other one was not. When I was answering the competency questions, she challenged me at one point by pointing out that my answers were not matching my experiences on my CV. I politely answered that my experiences were varied, and that there was no way I could have condensed all my experiences in my CV. I seriously wanted to tell her that the questions didn't specifically ask me to narrow my answers to experiences on CV as the questions were: Tell me a time when...
    She just made me feel unease from then on.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RWE npower.

Interview

The process was a face to face interview and presentation to the team manager and team coordinator. The interviewer was friendly and put me at ease. The process was fairly standard competency based questions plus a presentation on how I would deliver the required objectives of the role.

Sales Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England (UK)

Interview

it was a quick fifteen to twenty minutes interview, applied online and had one interview, found out on the same day after the interview whether successful or not. started work 2 weeks later. quick and straight forward interview process. not too difficult if prepared

Graduate Business Leadership Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RWE npower.

Interview

This was the middle part of their application process. I did the online application and then a recorded video interview. If I get through the next stage is the assessment centre.

In the video interview you are given two minutes of prep/googling time before recording your answer for up to two minutes.

Interview Questions

• NPower are trying to become more digital... what is your favourite app and why?

Why do you want to work in the energy industry?

Why do you want to work for RWE NPower?

When have you experienced change? (in your professional career or personal life) What did you do? What would you do differently?

How do you deal with a bad relationship with a team member?   Answer Question

Project Manager/Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RWE npower (Solihull, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online; received an invite for half-an-hour telephone interview with the recruiting managers; after the successful telephone interview, was invited for a 2 hour face-to-face interview. The f2f interview had about 45mins dedicated to a case scenario presentation followed by generic questions and then competency questions. The interviewers didn't seem to be interested in my answers as I noticed them looking around or lost in their own thoughts. The questions themselves were confusing and weren't in your normal competency format where one could apply the STAR method - something that was advertised beforehand. The moment I left the building, I knew it was a wastage of time.

Business Leadership Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RWE npower in January 2017.

Interview

Online application which led to an E-Test. I then got an invite to do a Video Interview and passing this was told to keep dates open for Assessment Centre Invite.

Passed video interview but was placed on reserve list and not invited.

Interview Questions

• Video interview:
      Q: Why do you want to work for us?
      Q: Describe a time when you have had to deal with confrontation?
      Q: What made you choose Npower?
      Q: Name your favourite social media app, and why is it your favourite?

There were 5 in total but these are all i can remember.   Answer Question

Management Book Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at RWE npower (Solihull, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview was with the line manager and a senior analyst in your chosen area. It was located at their UK headquarters and lasted for around an hour. Each of them introduced themselves, what they did on a day to day basis and gave a brief overview of the role you were applying for. Then the remainder was interview questions.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at RWE npower.

Interview

The position was acquired through participate in the future leaders challenge. Every year RWE Npower has competitions such as the energy challenge, where the participants has to actively take on a challenge usually concerning renewables/the environment. Competing these competitions are a great way to secure a job with the company as starts a contact with HR & senior staff which can lead to negotiation of internships.

Interview Questions

• What role are you interested in the firm?
      Why you want an internship in this area?
      How will this will align with your future plans/goal.
      This section be inaccurate as the position was not arrived at through the standard internship format.   Answer Question

Process Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at RWE npower (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for job via the website and was contacted by a member of Npower's internal recruitment team within a week or so. I had a 15 minute informal telephone conversation with really friendly gentleman who explained the job in detail and discuss my experience.

I was eventually called in to take part in a seven hour assessment centre which took place at a really nice hotel in Leeds. We started off with a group discussion and then undertook a practical work-based task. This was followed by a 10 minute speed interview and a presentation task. A received a job offer 4 working days after the assessment.

Interview Questions

• I had 10 minutes to explain why I was suitable for the role.   Answer Question