RaceTrac Petroleum Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.7

44 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screening with HR (Questions about previous jobs, salary expectations), second phone screening with hiring manager (Questions about previous jobs) and interviews face to face with hiring manager, 2 department managers and department director (More detailed questions about previous experience, situation questions answering with previous job examples)

Interview Questions

• Talk about your previous roles   1 Answer
    • Specific situation questions about teamwork, leadership, issues at work, job specific (technical questions), etc.   1 Answer

Senior Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, then phone interview with hiring director. Called in for interview with directs. (Two days prior to second interview, asked to prepare 3 case studies. They didn't even bother looking at them.) Received rejection over voice mail 1 week later. HR wouldn't respond to a call back. The case studies and the non-response are why I gave RaceTrac a negative. If you're going to ask me to do work, let's talk about it. Otherwise it's just free consulting.

Interview Questions

• What's your leadership style. The rest was going through my resume.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was easy and relaxed. The managers were very personable and welcoming. The hiring process was easy as well I was offered the job on the spot.

Brand Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, did a phone interview with hiring manager, then virtual interview with the manager, then in person interview with 3 other people the role deals with. Everyone was really friendly and they made the atmosphere very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me abut a time that you dealt with conflict. Tell me about a time you had multiple projects, how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews and 2 in person interviews. Everyone was really nice. Process took about 1-2 months. Finally was offered position and I accepted. Once I passed the background check, employment and credit check I received an email with the details for my 1st day. I have been working for RT for a little while and it's been great! So glad I took the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Took awhile to hear from the hiring manager and the next training class was coming up so I didn't want to postpone it anymore so I accepted offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Norcross, GA).

Interview

I had a short phone interview . She asked me to come in for an actual interview. I came in for an interview. She liked me , so after our interview, another manger came out and interview me then they gave me a tour . After the tour they offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Supply Chain Transportation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was sent an email on late Friday afternoon to setup a phone interview for the following week. I emailed back within 30 mins with times for the entire week. I also provided my phone number and asked if any of these times worked. Monday morning at about 10:30 I received a generic rejection letter and no response to my follow up email. Weird? I called the recruiter, no answer, so I did not leave a voicemail. Then I emailed him back to ask. He said there were some changes to the position and they decided not to interview me. All I could do is understand gracefully. I am laughing on the inside. No wonder people can't find a job, or get a proper promotion, the ones that are hiring do not know what they are doing. However, I am glad this happened. I think I dodged a bullet. I can't work for an organization like this. I will not be applying for anymore positions. I wish them well.

Guest Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

The whole process took less than one week. I applied and got called for a phone screening the same day. I was then asked to come in for an interview. The interview was relaxed and laid back even though it was standing up in the store. I came in the next day for a realistic job preview and was offered a position

Employee Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter. I then had three different phone screens, one with the recruiter, one with the hiring manager, and one with the director of the department. They answered all of my questions and we had great conversations that felt less like a formal interview and more like getting to know someone personally.

Interview Questions

• What made you apply to RaceTrac?
      How does your background fit with this role?
      Have you ever been given feedback and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Architecture and Design Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RaceTrac Petroleum (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I had 4 individual interviews back to back. they seemed to ask the same questions, except for the VP who didn't ask questions based on my resume/experience. The whole experienced lasted 3-4 hours, which is the longest interview I have ever attended.

Interview Questions

• what would your friends say that you are best at? if you won the lottery, would you still keep your job and work everyday? Most of the managers and directors asked about what my experience included, whether it was technical skills/creative skills/computer skills, and how I utilized those in previous jobs or in college.   Answer Question