Rack Room Shoes Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rack Room Shoes Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Rack Room Shoes

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Port Charlotte, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes (Port Charlotte, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable and nice. It didn't take long for me to get hired because I already knew the manager prior to the interview. Because of this, I believe that is why I was hired so easily.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rack Room Shoes

Anonymous Employee in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes (Cookeville, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

I was asked general and basic customer service and cash handling experience based questions during my sales associate interview. I was also asked basic questions to assess my personality type and motivational aspirations. General work history and/or school activities and leadership questions as well.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 5 words?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you set a goal for yourself and how you achieved that goal and tracked your progress along the way?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes.

Interview

Very fast, only a 10 minute interview and was offered the position later that week. I was brought to the back of the store and asked a couple of questions by the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a negative shopping experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes (Pompano Beach, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

Very easy interview process. Just asks about availability ad any past experience. Prepare to talk about different styles of shoes. It lasted about an hour but it went by really quick.

Interview Questions

• I was given a note pad and I had to write down anything that I felt I could do to help the store or add value. Be very specific and be detailed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes (Little Rock, AR) in February 2013.

Interview

One day, I decided to walk into Rack Room Shoes and ask for an application. I happened to ask the hiring manager directly, and she immediately hired me. She later told me she was in need of a bubbly personality to engage with the customers. I went to the interview the following Monday, answered some questions that I was not prepared for (rather nervously) and was told to come in for my first day of work the following week.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Rack Room Shoes?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given the option on my application for a starting salary, however I thought I would not be hired if I requested for more than minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes (El Paso, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview is easy. They asked questions from a paper and wrote down the answers. The girl that interviewed me was very friendly and it made me feel very comfortable. One thing, they interview me as if I was already hired as in the explained more the job rather than ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a bad customer in a busy day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation just talked about my availability

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes (Lake Charles, LA) in September 2012.

Interview

They were very laid back in the interview, the questions were basic and simple, nothing particularly difficult about the process. the over all process was relatively quick as well. I felt very comfortable with the process.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question had to have been, why should we hire you.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the assistant manager about a week later asking me to come in for an interview later in the week. When I got there, the assistant manager took me to the backroom. The backroom was a bit messy and had shoe boxes everywhere.
    It almost didn't even seem like an interview. The woman launched right into what the responsiblities are and what was expected dress code-wise. I asked a few other questions and that was pretty much it. At the end she asked why she should hire me among the other applicants. It was very informal and she was very friendly. She said she had a few other interviews but that she liked me a lot. A week later I got called with a job offer! Just be yourself and friendly!

Anonymous Employee in Gaffney, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes (Gaffney, SC) in June 2014.

Interview

My interview was very brief and simple. I was called immediately after turning in my application. When I arrived for my interview the manager was very nice and seemed to know what she was doing. All in all the actual interview was like 7 or 8 questions and took only about 10 minutes

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rack Room Shoes (Snellville, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Come in complete a paper application. Received an interview within a week of the application. Spoke to manager the next week after the interview and got a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a face a difficult situation and how did you handle it.   1 Answer