Rackspace Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

3.4

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through online and the process took 3 weeks. First, phone call with recruiter who set up a telephonic call with Hiring Manager and that followed by an onsite interview with the database team, hiring manager and co-founder

Interview Questions

• Typical Database Concepts
      Linux Questions
      Behavior Questions   Answer Question

Software Developer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter few days after submitting my resume on rackspace careers site. One round of take home programming challenge followed by in person interview at their Austin, TX office. Data structures (graph and tree traversal), algorithm (processing a matrix) related programming problems. 3 hour-long interview sessions on the in-person round with people at various roles (manager, lead programmer, other programmers etc). More coding problems on the in-person interview as well.

Recruiter was very responsive. Interviewers were very friendly and prepared. I heard back from the recruiter the next day and offer came through few days later.

Interview Questions

• multi threading, multi processing and async programming in python. Database related questions. Questions about previous roles and experience.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX).

Interview

- Phone interview with the hiring team's manager and possibly another current team member.
    - In person interview with a panel of 4-5 people from the AM teams. They all take turns asking you questions and taking notes. Due to the culture, most interviews are an enjoyable experience, but it can definitely be intimidating.
    - If they like you, they'll hire you

*Note from experience*
    It is a frequent practice to interview you and then not actually hire you until 6 months later. Sometimes the department will go through a hiring freeze or the position will get filled internally while your info might be passed along to another team's manager or just kept for future use.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that a customer had incorrect or unrealistic expectations and how did you resolve their displeasure?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Skype interview among me, the IT Director and a senior developer. I was presented with a non-working AngularJS application and it was my task to fix it along with optimizing it. After that section, it was mostly general AngularJS and Javascript questions.

Interview Questions

• In what situation would you use Promises in an AngularJS application?   Answer Question

Manager, Fanatical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process started with applying to the internal post. Hr then contacted to speak to me. Once this piece of was done, I moving into the interview rounds a few weeks later. The interviews consisted of 3 panels, with 3 people in each. The hiring Director, a couple Manger peers, and then direct personnel on the prospective teams. Once this 3 hour block was done, it took about 1 week for HR to get the offer out.

Interview Questions

• describe your 30,60,90. what type of manager methodology would you say describes you.   1 Answer

Exchange Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Rackspace doesn't send an email they just flat out call you unexpectedly and ask if you have time to do a technical interview on the spot. They don't really give you a heads up on anything just be prepared to interview right away.

Interview Questions

• Not In particular order:

Name SSL Port
      Name POP3 Port
      Name IMAP Port
      Describe items used within IIS
      What are some components that are used in IIS
      Describe the steps of installing Exchange
      Describe the four parts of an Exchange server   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

First I applied to a posting I had seen. About 3 days later I received an invitation to participate in a digital interview through a website called HireVue. This is a different process because you do not actually video conference with a manager, rather respond to pre-loaded questions in a timed environment being recorded through webcam. The managers then review your video responses at a later time to conclude whether you should be passed on to the next interview step (phone, in-person.)

Interview Questions

• What are some creative, out of the box ways that you source/recruit candidates?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process could be called Recruiter Purgatory. I had 5 interviews with different recruiters and hiring managers, none of them passed on my resume or understood what I was applying for. All of their questions were fairly basic informational interviews. Eventually they stopped returning my emails or calls. I understand from other current and former employees that this is common.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me by phone and phone interview was scheduled in less than 3 days. After that I was called for on-site interview in Austin,Tx which is 4 hours interview, split as 4 each with 1 hour and 2 people. First 2 round was technical in Python, Test planning, Test case scenarios, 3rd was managerial - trying to understand the attitude and about my knowledge on Rackspace. 4th was again technical and about rackspace related questions.

Detailed interview process as happened:
    4 hour interview:

1. Reverse a string without using pre-existing methods or functions in Ptyhon.
    2. Given a nxn matrix with conditions
        a. numbers from left to right always increases at any given row.
        b. numbers from top to bottom at any given column.
        c. Have a class for this matrix which has 3 methods, Method A: gives the row count of the matrix, Method B: gives the column count, Method C: takes row index and column index, and grid as input and returns the value in in it.
        Question: Check if the given number is present in the given matrix.
                  how will you use the condition given(points a, b), to avoid iterating through each and every index.
    3. What is Singleton class and how will you implement it in Python.
    4. Given a Google Maps product, how will you write the test exit criteria.
    5. Questions from the product that you worked on like how will you design a automation framework for testing.
    6. What is Rackspace, what are their product, why did you choose Rackspace as your next employer.
    7. Why are you leaving your job?
    8. Challenge that you faced recently in your framework development and how did you fixed it.
    9. What are the things that you would consider before designing a framework.
    10. Given the documentation of a test requirement, how will you interact with team and what steps would you follow to proceed with testing.
    11. Tell about the problem that you had with your co-worker and how did you overcome.
    12. how would you validate which framework(custom designed or the existing framework-TestNG, unitest) is better.
    13. Given an authentication scenario, what are the possible test cases that would write.
    14. What are the steps that you would follow to before testing.
    15. After writing a test case and automating, what are the steps you would do then as a Tester?
    16. As a QE person, what is your objective on the product?
    17. When you found a defect, what will you do then?
    18. You found a defect that is not consistent, how will you convince the developer to fix that defect?
    19. What questions do you have for us?
    20. Python - Given a Class with a constructor and a few methods in it, how will you find the number of hits of a particular method in a class.

Interview Questions

• It was quite easy with algorithm related questions and nothing was not expected.   Answer Question

NAS Engineer-After Hours Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I researched a lot about rackspace,
    & decided to apply online

process took less than two weeks(very fast)
    Initial contact from HR (went well) & forwarded my resume to hiring manager

Scheduled for technical phone screening interview

phone screen(high level technical questions, interviewers-two senior engineers)(went well)

Scheduled for In-person interview

flown in for in person interview(previous experience, behavioral, situational, high level technical questions)(Interviewers - two hiring managers, two senior engineers)

Awesome recruiter
    Awesome interviewers
    overall Loved the experience

Feedback within one week of in person interview
    Recruiter said team loved me but for the lack of some of the technical skills will pursue with other candidate at this time
    and will contact me if a new position relevant to my experience opens up.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions as I am still in learning phase of my career   Answer Question