Rackspace Backup Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Backup Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I exchanged a few e-mails with the recruiter. Had a basic phone call with him just getting an initial assessment of my skills. Then we went ahead and scheduled an phone interview with one of their engineers. The tech interview was about an hour and consisted of Windows and Linux questions revolving around backing things up and network connectivity. Alot of Linux based questions. I told the engineer that my experience with Linux was little to nothing but he kept asking tough Linux questions anyways. After a week or so I got an email stating that I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• If a customer's service went down and we found out that our racks had crashed. How would you go about restoring things from a backup?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Backup Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

I actually applied for several positions ranging from Network Security Administrators to Engineers and eventually Backup Administrator. The recruiters I spoke with over the phone were very friendly and personable. First they conducted a social/background interview before I was transferred to a person who worked in the department I applied for who gave me a technical interview with quiz. The technical interview lasted between 45-60 minutes and the social interview about 15-30.

About a week after the phone interview I was contacted again to do a personal interview. I currently live out of state so the company actually paid for my plane tickets (round trip) and hotel for a night in San Antonio with three days notice before the scheduled personal interview.

The personal interview (with building tour) lasted about three hours and was the most in-depth interview I have faced so far. And by interview, I really mean interviews. I actually met with several people; some one-on-one, some in pairs. Each group gave me a different set of technical quizzes depending on their role in the company (Backup Admins gave backup related questions, networking admins asked networking questions, etc). They threw some real curveballs at me. These guys mean business when they seek out the best talent!

The atmosphere at Rackspace was absolutely amazing. It felt like a laid back atmosphere that allowed (and even encouraged) individuality. Overall, the interview process itself was top-notch. I received a call from one of their recruiters about a week and a half after the personal interview and was told that while I passed my interview, I could not be hired right away due to my scheduling conflicts at that time (I’m still a full-time college student). We had arranged to keep in touch as this semester progressed with the intention of receiving a formal job offer by the end of the year. As of this writing (approx. five weeks since the last phone call) I have not heard back from anyone despite multiple attempts at communication.
    I greatly appreciate the opportunity to interview with them and the brief tour that followed the interview. This is an experience I will not forget! I just wish they would get back to me because I really need to work!

Interview Questions

• A remote customer from the U.K. cannot access their database that is physically located on our shore. Network connections appear to be normal. What could be the problem?   1 Answer