Rackspace Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rackspace Director Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Great experience with the HR team, extremely service-full and with a very humane touch. The interview experience was handled by crafted and talented individuals with honest concerns, interest in my persona and intelligent down to earth questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the company? This question was not unexpected, just believed that the company already new the answer to the question. It is important to be prepared to answer this question in a way that does not jeopardise your candidacy if the company was thinking of using your talent in a different manner.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and then an hour call with the hiring manager. Onsite: Group panel style. Total of 4 groups a hour each. Each group represented a stakeholder that I would be working with. Tough but fair questions, very relavent to the job I applied for. They provided time at the end for me to ask questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

I submitted a resume online to a job posting, and heard from a recruiter within a week. We had a 30 minute interview, and then he set up a 1 hour phone interview with the hiring VP a week later. The phone interview was pretty standard, tell me about experiences, how do you manage people, why are you interested in Rackspace. Next step was a trip down to San Antonio, TX for a day of interviews. The recruiting team was awesome coordinating all of the travel, getting back to me within hours. Very professional in this regard.

The interview day was eight one hour interviews (including one over lunch), so it's a full day. All of the interviews are 1:1, and mine were laid out easiest first, the hiring VP in middle, and the "tougher" ones afterwards. The provided a nice tour of the facility during one of the interviews, showing the "open offices" of all of the executives, and the overall vibe of the place was very energetic and positive. Some whiteboard time for the technical questions, while scenario questions were common (normal fare like tell me when you faced a failing project, how you handle an upset customer).

The tougher ones were a bad combination of psychoanalysis, circular questions, and the interviewer being overtly aggressive to gauge your response. Nothing hard to answer, but at hours 6-8 of a long day I wasn't really in the mood for these kinds of games.

So here is the worst part... three weeks later I haven't heard a single word back from anyone at Rackspace except for the reimbursement check for travel to SA. As professional as the recruiting team was setting up the interview, to not have a single communication (good or bad or wait) shows very poorly on them. Oh well, their loss.

Interview Questions

• How would you lead a team to accomplish a goal?   1 Answer