Rackspace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in June 2018.

Interview

There were 4 stages to mine. Video recording, very small phone screen by recruiter, Technical, and Managerial/Culture. Each seemed fair and I understood the need for each. It is good to have these broken up as a single interview with an entire team can be troublesome as you race against the clock and try to fit everything in to a 1-2 hour time frame. Each section deserves its own time slot.

The recruiter didn't leave huge gaps in between each phase so I stayed engaged with the process. She was also fine with me reaching out if I had any questions.

What is also helpful is checking the status of your application in the online job portal during the beginning of the process.

In the end, I got the offer. I was able to negotiate what I would be comfortable with without being greedy. The benefits are nothing short of excellent either.

Thank you to all of the staff that I worked with during this!

Interview Questions

• Honestly, there were a TON of questions. Personally, I don't want to give away anything. If you are a true Windows Admin and are confident in your skills, you should do fine. I will say this though, BE HONEST. If you don't know something, just say it. Do not try to BS your way through questions. They appreciate honesty and no one wants a know-it-all. Read other people's experience with interviews if it helps. Remember, they want to get to know YOU.   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Round 1: recruiter pre-screen. Round 2: hiring manager. Round 3: hiring manager's manager. Round 4: U.S. members of the team. Round 5: head of the overseas team. Round 6: hiring manager again. Round 7: recruiter again. Recruiters was in between some of the other rounds too. Every round went well, but the overall process from round 1 to offer took a month or so. I know a lot of extremely good people who Rackspace has failed to hire just because the company was still dithering while other companies were waving offers.

Contract Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

There were numerous phone screens to go through to make sure you knew what you were talking about, then the inevitable drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked about some software that I had never heard of that they used in their deployment process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had a recruiter doing the negotiation for me. I gave her my bare minimum and she got me an extra $5/hr on top of that. Deacon Recruiting really is top-notch.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

It was a contract to hire position. they did a preliminary telephone screening and then called for a face to face technical interview. There were three interviewers. The questions were technical as well as logical. They try to evaluate what you know and whee you fit into the organization.

Interview Questions

• They go deeper into your skills that you describe. The concepts should be very clear.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

A month after applying for this position, I received a call from a recruiter who said they had an opening for an interview that same day. Having only 5 hours to prepare for the interview was a bit chaotic, but I focused on understanding the company's values/culture as well as their product. I interviewed with 3 sets of 2 managers, and was asked extensive questions about how my previous jobs gave me the experience I needed for this position.My interviewers were kind but direct. I heard back a month after interviewing and was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

A great overall experience, but challenging. Questions ranging from cloud tech to unpredictable character based questions. Multiple panels and each one had something challenging to bring. Of all the jobs Ive worked at so far I will say this was the toughest overall. Definitely spend some time preparing.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Consisted of a panel review, individual reviews with several managers as well as the director of the lead generation team. There were (3) total interviews and the whole process lasted about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR person offered the position which I was able to negotiate if I wanted.

Software Development Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

Met them at a school career fair and was invited to a dinner for potential candidates. A few weeks later, I was invited to an evening of "Rackspace Rush" - essentially a group on-site interview. I had two interviews, one mostly behavioral, the other technical. Both interviewers were engaging and friendly; neither was particularly difficult. Received an offer several weeks after.

Interview Questions

Was offered better opportunities elsewhere.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One, hour-long interview, with one semi-difficult question about BSTs.
    Onsite - question about object oriented design.
    Nothing too difficult, but they really want new hires to start out at their HQs which is in San Antonio, TX. :/

Software Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace in July 2012.

Interview

They contacted me via email to arrange a phone call. The initial email came from a do-not-reply email address with no contact information provided, so I had to call Rackspace to hunt down the recruiter who sent the email.

I finally go to speak to the recruiter. She was very rude and told me my resume shouldn't have ANYTHING except software experience (I had also done some devops, sysad, and related work) and that I'd have to send them a new one. And she made it very clear that noone at Rackspace every reads cover letters even though their recruiting site asks for them. So I agreed to "fix" my resume and email it to her.

She called a few days later and said the resume was good and she set up a phone interview for later in the week. She missed the phone interview. The next day she called to reschedule but never apologized for missing our appointment. She missed that appointment as well. This went on 2 more times and finally I got an email from her that they went with another candidate.

In summary, the recruiter was rude, unprofessional, and inconsiderate. She played major games and then "went with another candidate" without even interviewing me!

Interview Questions

• She never got around to asking any questions... Just kept talking about Rackspace.   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Very rigorous interview process. Communications with HR was very good, with fast responses. Workplace environment was very casual, but seemed focused and busy. Technical interviews with staff were more involved than expected, with logic and coding questions asked.

Interview Questions

• Logic question about 9 marbles, 1 weighs more than others. With a standard balance scale, and only 3 measurements, how can you find the heavier marble?   Answer Question