Rackspace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rackspace Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

3.3

Dev Ops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

The interview process was pretty thorough, although they didn't explain a lot about the culture, and due to technical issues I was only able to interview via the phone (I was not located in San Antonio at the time). Despite this I found the interviewers to be fair, and they were able to dig into my answers, as opposed to just asking surface level questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to build a full HA setup in the cloud.   1 Answer

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process included 2 phone calls and then 4 one hour panel interviews. Cross functional team interviews with Engineering, Sourcing, Legal and hiring Manager / Director. Overall, the interviewing team was searching for very direct answers to general questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you like the most and least about Sourcing?   1 Answer

Virtualization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The first step in the interview process was a phone call asking about the usual stuff (desired salary, shifts available, etc). The next interview was specified to be another phone interview with a Sr. Engineer (or so as I was told).
    However, it turns out this interview was with an entire group of engineers and hiring manager, who all took turns asking me technical questions. This was entirely unexpected and felt like I was fighting for my life. I was told I would be brought in for another interview after a few more weeks to take the opportunity to learn more about virtualization. I was told it would be an interview with one Sr. Engineer and there was no mention of a technical interview.
    However, after attempting to contact them for an actual interview date, my email went unanswered. A few days later, I left a voicemail, which also went unanswered. The next day I received a reply that did not answer my question about scheduling. After replying with a repeat of my question, I received a reply that I was declined to move forward. This entire process has been unprofessional and disrespectful. The dishonesty in the kind of interview I would have combined with the lack of commitment/consistency in what I was told makes me happy not to pursue a position with them further.

Interview Questions

• How much time should there be between snapshots/backups?   Answer Question
    • What are the benefits of VLANs, and what situations would you use them in?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

Asked when I was available with no phone number and a don't reply email. How am I going to set up the interview if there is no contact information and I can't respond to the email. Really weird process.

Intern II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, got a call from a recruiter that lasted about 15 minutes. Next was an email asking me to do a hireu video interview .. awkward and I thought I had bombed at that point. Next a week or so later got an email saying the team would like to interview me. Did a panel (3) interview over the phone and two days later a call to say they'd like to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• What is it about your prior experience that will help you in this role?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

very straight forward like other tech companies. and it also depends on the position. You could look at the top it companies on their hiring pattern and adopt a similar preparation. Good luck.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied the first week of January, no mewd for 13 weeks before 1st email follow up happened, applied online, received email to set up meeting, got a call at week 15. Call lasted 45 minutes. Posting deviated from the email and interview description.

Interview Questions

• What fills your bucket? Many terms used by the interviewer seemed company specific, annoying.   1 Answer
    • Tell me how you've used Excel?   1 Answer

Intern I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

We met a a career fair at Virginia Tech, I had a discussion and they invited me to interview without closely reviewing my resume. When I went to interview they said they didn't hire electrical engineering students despite software development proficiency. Made it more than obvious I was not welcome.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Very quick, I applied on Wednesday and I got a call from HR on Thursday. Behavioral interview was insightful and laid back. After the initial screening, I was invited to interview on campus. I was welcomed by some of the team members and was walked up to the interview room. Two sets of interviews, a 1x1 with the manager and a panel interview with the analysts. Very behavior-oriented. Difficult, but worth it.

Interview Questions

• Strengths/Weaknesses/Technical things about my experience/Finance related questions.   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

The recruiter found my resume originally on the linked in and called me and described about what they do and the daily work . About the benefits and the possibility of working remotely . It toke about 30 minutes and he wanted to get back with me which never happend

Interview Questions

• About what I am presently or at the last job doing .   1 Answer