Rackspace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rackspace Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

Recruiter contacts you, sets up interview, you attend, answer some questions and have an answer fairly quickly on whether you're employed or not. They review after your panel interview and decided if you're a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

Submit resume, recruiter called, phone screen and onsite interview. Some people were remote during the interview while some were on site. Typical interview questions and not challenging. Declined offer since it is way below market. Not taking a paycut

Higher Level Corporate Support Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewer was articulate and the interview was cordial. It centered around the role and ended with a typical salary requirement question. I thought it was a positive experience overall, and possible next steps were discussed where a panel discussion might occur.

The interviewer "went ghost" however, never to be heard from again. I guess I'm glad it came and went if that is how they operate. Oh well.......maybe you will luck out and interview with someone there who operates with greater courtesy, and who will at least send a short note to provide candidates with some sense of closure.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

2 hour interview that consists of two people doing a technical interview about your computer knowledge and the other two doing an about you personality portion. Each portion is one hour long. All of my interviewers were nice but I got a condescending vibe from one of them

Inventory Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, IL

Application

I interviewed at Rackspace (Elk Grove, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I received a quick response to my resume submission followed by nearly a month of being told that i would hear back within 24 hours. 3 1/2 weeks later I was told that they wanted to have a phone screen that would last 1 hour. Immediately after the initial interview the recruits sent me a request for a 3 hour on site panel interview. I was asked the same question over and over again by different people. The hiring manager seemed to have his act together. However, the managers from remote sites were not educated as to the lengthy conversations that had previously occurred.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between first pass yield and final shrink? and what do you consider to be more important.   1 Answer
    • I asked them about their decision process and their timeline for hiring.   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Interview

Interview

I applied online. I received an email about 2 months later stating that I would be contacted soon. I waited and waited but never received anything. I responded to the email but of course it was a non-reply email so I nothing ever happened. Very unprofessional.

Dev Ops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

The interview process was pretty thorough, although they didn't explain a lot about the culture, and due to technical issues I was only able to interview via the phone (I was not located in San Antonio at the time). Despite this I found the interviewers to be fair, and they were able to dig into my answers, as opposed to just asking surface level questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to build a full HA setup in the cloud.   1 Answer

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process included 2 phone calls and then 4 one hour panel interviews. Cross functional team interviews with Engineering, Sourcing, Legal and hiring Manager / Director. Overall, the interviewing team was searching for very direct answers to general questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you like the most and least about Sourcing?   1 Answer

Virtualization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The first step in the interview process was a phone call asking about the usual stuff (desired salary, shifts available, etc). The next interview was specified to be another phone interview with a Sr. Engineer (or so as I was told).
    However, it turns out this interview was with an entire group of engineers and hiring manager, who all took turns asking me technical questions. This was entirely unexpected and felt like I was fighting for my life. I was told I would be brought in for another interview after a few more weeks to take the opportunity to learn more about virtualization. I was told it would be an interview with one Sr. Engineer and there was no mention of a technical interview.
    However, after attempting to contact them for an actual interview date, my email went unanswered. A few days later, I left a voicemail, which also went unanswered. The next day I received a reply that did not answer my question about scheduling. After replying with a repeat of my question, I received a reply that I was declined to move forward. This entire process has been unprofessional and disrespectful. The dishonesty in the kind of interview I would have combined with the lack of commitment/consistency in what I was told makes me happy not to pursue a position with them further.

Interview Questions

• How much time should there be between snapshots/backups?   Answer Question
    • What are the benefits of VLANs, and what situations would you use them in?   Answer Question

Cst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Hirevue was easy to work on! Just a little challenging to interview your self! I prefer a face to face interview with a real person but I understand it's a Big company and must look through a lot of people!

Interview Questions

• Port numbers, how to respond to customer after deleting emails.   Answer Question