Rackspace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2017

3.3

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Online assessment to review your skill set and how good a fit to the company as well as what you would do in certain circumstances to gain knowledge of the person's ability to be agile

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX).

Interview

This place is a joke. I applied for a cloud engineer position and they told me that it actually requires relocation to be closer to the team in SA. Then the recruiter proceeded to tell me that I don't have enough experience and said my resume won't make it. The last position I applied for was a couple years back and received the same feedback. Don't email me telling me I would be good for the role and then just tell me over the phone that I'm not qualified.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your current role   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

Recruiter contacts you, sets up interview, you attend, answer some questions and have an answer fairly quickly on whether you're employed or not. They review after your panel interview and decided if you're a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

Submit resume, recruiter called, phone screen and onsite interview. Some people were remote during the interview while some were on site. Typical interview questions and not challenging. Declined offer since it is way below market. Not taking a paycut

Higher Level Corporate Support Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewer was articulate and the interview was cordial. It centered around the role and ended with a typical salary requirement question. I thought it was a positive experience overall, and possible next steps were discussed where a panel discussion might occur.

The interviewer "went ghost" however, never to be heard from again. I guess I'm glad it came and went if that is how they operate. Oh well.......maybe you will luck out and interview with someone there who operates with greater courtesy, and who will at least send a short note to provide candidates with some sense of closure.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

2 hour interview that consists of two people doing a technical interview about your computer knowledge and the other two doing an about you personality portion. Each portion is one hour long. All of my interviewers were nice but I got a condescending vibe from one of them

Inventory Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elk Grove, IL

Application

I interviewed at Rackspace (Elk Grove, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

I received a quick response to my resume submission followed by nearly a month of being told that i would hear back within 24 hours. 3 1/2 weeks later I was told that they wanted to have a phone screen that would last 1 hour. Immediately after the initial interview the recruits sent me a request for a 3 hour on site panel interview. I was asked the same question over and over again by different people. The hiring manager seemed to have his act together. However, the managers from remote sites were not educated as to the lengthy conversations that had previously occurred.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between first pass yield and final shrink? and what do you consider to be more important.   1 Answer
    • I asked them about their decision process and their timeline for hiring.   1 Answer

Accounts Receivable Interview

Interview

I applied online. I received an email about 2 months later stating that I would be contacted soon. I waited and waited but never received anything. I responded to the email but of course it was a non-reply email so I nothing ever happened. Very unprofessional.

Dev Ops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

The interview process was pretty thorough, although they didn't explain a lot about the culture, and due to technical issues I was only able to interview via the phone (I was not located in San Antonio at the time). Despite this I found the interviewers to be fair, and they were able to dig into my answers, as opposed to just asking surface level questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to build a full HA setup in the cloud.   1 Answer

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process included 2 phone calls and then 4 one hour panel interviews. Cross functional team interviews with Engineering, Sourcing, Legal and hiring Manager / Director. Overall, the interviewing team was searching for very direct answers to general questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you like the most and least about Sourcing?   1 Answer