Rackspace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rackspace Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2018

3.3

SAN Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

Management reached out ahead of time for a brief phone interview, mostly to screen for personality. Technical interview was setup with multiple panels each with different questions. There were two panels, with each group interviewing back to back.

Interview Questions

• Very in depth technical questions related to the field.   Answer Question

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I was sent tables to write a code to perform innerjoin, it was a web interview
    Interview lasted more than an hour
    Interview was with a team lead
    Very nice gentleman

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

Initial phone call with HR with general corporate finance questions a second following excel test (test had to be completed in 45 mins and emailed back to them). Third interview was Skype call with the managers (general questions and problem solving questions). Final interview was on-site (four interviews of two people each with problem solving and a case study). Overall, experience was negative mainly due to lack of communication from HR and feedback. A lot of focus on how you think and answer questions. The whole process took close to 8 weeks to complete with little feedback or communication from HR. Final interview was scheduled 3 weeks out and was told I was meeting with three people. In actuality, I had four separate interviews with two people each all designed to assess certain aspects (behavioral, personality, problem solving, case study). That information wasn't communicated by HR so while I feel I handled it well I was a little upset at the lack of transparency.

Interview Questions

• How many lightbulbs were sold in the U.S. last year? How many golf balls fit inside the Empire State building?   Answer Question

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

I applied online. 2 days after applying, I got an email for a virtual interview via HireVue. 13 questions. All timed questions. Mix and match video answers, short answer, and multiple choice. Once you finish, the interview gets submitted to the recruiter. It says to allow 7 business days for review.

I got a call from the recruiter about 3 weeks later to setup a 1hr face face interview with 2 team leads and a 1hr technical interview 2 team members. Team lead interview was a personality interview. Technical interview had questions about DNS, RAID, AD, SQL, Windows commands, and Server. No clustering questions (this is important). For the technical interview, I recommend to use the white board. They seemed to like that. A week after my interview, the recruiter called me and said that they decided not to move forward with me because I lacked SQL, Clustering, and AD experience. It was odd that the recruiter said I lack clsutering experience because the technical interview did not include ANY clustering questions. Not sure how they determined that. Be careful with the techincal questions. They like to ask ALOT of follow up questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

Applied which lead to a HireVue (video interview where you record your answers tp questions based on various scenarios). Next was the in person interview which consisted of 2 panel interviews

Interview Questions

• Identify well known ports, how would troubleshoot connectivity issues, explain ACLs on a firewall, common behavioral questions (conflict resolution, greatest strength/weakness, etc.)   Answer Question

Manager, Fanatical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in April 2018.

Interview

1. 30-minute interview with an internal recruiter
    2. 1-hour phone screen with hiring manager
    3. Two 1-hour onsite interviews with potential colleagues
    4. 30-minute phone screen for a couple of final questions that we didn't get to in the onsite.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

A long, arduous process, but worth the wait! The interviewers were very kind and easy to talk to, and they had free food, and gave you a tour around the building !

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite movie?   1 Answer

Senior Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rackspace (Reston, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

It was straight to the point. I found some of the questions a little bit tricky. However, I was able to answer the questions to the best of my knowledge. Interviewers were taking note of what I was saying. I did more of the talking. I interviewed with them on Monday. On Friday of that same week, a recruiter emailed me and left me a voicemail about the company wanting to move forward with me.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter who sent in my resume. After that they sent a coding challenge. Last step was an hour long technical interview via Skype. I somehow need to get to 30 words so here they are.

Interview Questions

• What are some main principles of functional programming and how well does JavaScript support FP   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rackspace.

Interview

Had an interview through an online service that video recorded my answers through webcam.

Second Interview was in person at the headquarters. Met with two teams during two interviews.

Interview Questions

• Technical accounting questions   1 Answer