Rackspace Linux Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

3.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a 4 hour interview cut into 1 hour panels. 2 hours were technical drilling to make sure you're competent and know the job. The other was a standard get to know you interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Recruiter quickly responded after my application in setting up an initial phone screener in which I was quizzed on things like commands, common ports, DNS, and then I was scheduled to complete an online TrueAbility test. After the test, I was given a phone interview and live break/fix, which I did not do as well on and was not selected for any further interviews.

Interview Questions

• One difficult question was monitoring incoming pings.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Several phone interviews to weed out the obviously not qualified, followed by several interviews by others in the position you will be working at. These interviews are being conducted by your future co-workers. Don't try and BS your way through. They want to establish if you are a good fit for the company, if you have the technical skills, and your overall ability to be the kind of team member they want to work with.
    They will probe to the ends of your knowledge and skill set. We all have a limit, they just want to know where yours ends. Not a big deal, really. Overall a very cordial yet tough set of interviews. Be yourself, be honest, and be happy.

Negotiation

Negotiate for what you feel you are worth.

Linux Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Mexico City (Mexico)) in March 2016.

Interview

I'm totally confused about the interview process of Rackspace. I applied online on February 2nd, then the next week I received an email telling me that I had to do an online interview which I did on February 11th. On February 22nd someone from Rackspace contacted me and promised he would call me that week to discuss with me the opportunity but apparently he couldn't reach me and he didn't call me until March 21st. When I finally had the chance to talk to him, we spoke about the opportunity and my background, then at the end of the call he said a manager was going to call me next week but I never received such call. Two weeks later, the guy who interviewed me in the first place called me asking me how the interview with the manager went but I told him that the interview didn't take place. He set up a new interview on March 30th but again there was no call nor interview. The next day the manager calls me in the morning and asks me when I was free to chat so we set up an interview again for the next day. On March 31st I had an interview with the manager that lasted approximately 40 minutes and from that moment I haven't heard from them anymore, not even a "thanks but no thanks" email and I even tried to reach both of them but no answer to my emails so far.

Interview Questions

• When working for a company, what are the things that you don't like doing?   Answer Question
    • How do you see yourself in a near future?   Answer Question

Linux Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Hayes, England (UK)) in August 2011.

Interview

Great interview process. Telephone interview and technical screening from a senior member of staff who was knowledgeable. Followed by a face to face interview. The dress code of staff members is informal so it kind of throws you a bit but was a good interview. One more quick technical test. Offer was made very quickly and the whole hiring process was very very smooth and professional

Interview Questions

• They ask you to draw a picture...Of anything you can think of.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate so I have no idea what room there is for negotiation.

Linux Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in January 2009.

Interview

Telephone interview with HR then a technical interview telephone interview. Then open day interview arranged by rackspace at their london office with almost 10 candidates there.

Interview Questions

• what do you if you have rebooted a system by mistake   1 Answer