Rackspace Linux Engineer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Linux Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace in March 2011.

Interview

After my application through their poorly designed outsourced HR website I received an e-mail from a recruiter to schedule an interview. It took two replies to this e-mail over a few days to get another response from the recruiter and we then scheduled a short phone interview/screening. The phone screening covered very basic topics such as linux run levels and RAID meanings, which I had no problem with and overall felt very positive after talking to the recruiter. I was informed that I would be contacted in the next week to schedule an in-depth technical interview with a senior engineer. I waited two weeks and hear nothing, a short e-mail to the recruiter earned a response that it should be one more week. Two weeks after that I contacted the recruiter again, and again was told one more week. Two weeks of no contact again (notice a theme here?), I sent another communication to the recruiter and received no response. Two weeks after that (almost done!) I received a blanket rejection e-mail which was not from my recruiter and didn't contain any specific reason. Perhaps this experience has more to do with my luck getting a terrible recruiter instead of Rackspace as a whole, but it was a very negative experience for a company that is so highly regarded.

Interview Questions