Rackspace Interview Questions in London, UK | Glassdoor

3.2

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview and then if you pass that you have a face-to-face interview split into two halves: a technical interview with team members and a management interview with a couple of managers.

Windows Support Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process consisted of two stages, first a telephone interview where I was tested in generic windows knowledge, many questions are asked covering: generic OS, active directory, SQL server, IIS server, Network.
    The second stage interview was a face to face and I was asked to design a diagram of a possible infrastructure scenario

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with in house recruiter, technical phone screen and then three face to face interviews.

Interview based around project experience and whiteboarding skills. Panel consisted of team members you'd be working with. Atmosphere was quite hostile and too technically focused. Wouldn't accept my views on risk management and business requirements, seemed to think that you have to tell the customer what to do, in spite of their views and needs. Just seemed to want to keep tripping me up. Very poor.

Refused to reimburse travel expenses.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your latest project and what you could have done differently?   1 Answer

Lead Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Three job interview rounds with senior management. The whole process took approximately 4 weeks and first job interview was over phone. I had my doubts during interview since based on my questions Rackspace doesn’t implemented a lot of common processes but at the end I choose Rackspace mainly because of people that I spoke with.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with issues in your team?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer junior or senior people in your team?   1 Answer

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online directly and assumed I had not been selected as it was 3 weeks before Talent acquisition contacted me to invite me to an initial call with her.

Stage one was a fairly standard screening call, talking about my experience etc. c.10 minutes. A couple of days later I was invited to a telephone interview with the hiring manager. This was similar again but in a touch more detail, he was keen to talk about the role from his perspective to ensure I understood it and to check for a good fit. c.20 minutes.

Final stage was a panel interview at Rackspace in Hayes. I interviewed with three members of staff - two managers and an existing SDM. c.90 minutes. Interview was friendly and relaxed. The lines of questioning ranged from situational competence based questions to cultural fit, to career goals. Culture is important, and you can tell they are keen to put you at ease as well as ensure you'll add to the good feeling around the office.

Although I missed out on the final offer, communication was strong throughout with detailed feedback given by phone a few days later which was really useful. Although I wish the outcome was different, it was a positive experience that left the company in a great light in my eyes.

Lead Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Prefiltered by an agency. A strictly technical phone call with diverse questions and expected to know the answer for most. Interview on location took about 3 hours. This included a quick presentation about a theoretical customer and their problems, as if presenting to the customer. Then another round of more in-depth technical questions and hypothetical problems/issues. Then a general talk about personal ways and background. Before the final decision, I also had another phone interview with the future manager for personal assessment.

Interview Questions

• A lot and diverse, real-life problems and situations were presented that were related to the role. Also got a bunch of question that probed about deeper knowledge of systems/protocols/architectures/etc.Views on how to handle certain problems and situation on technical, customer and company level.   1 Answer

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Had a telephone interview.
    Lots of questions on measurement and KPIs. They seem like a very effective marketing team from the outside. Big marketing team which has channel specialists.
    Very quick to come back with feedback.

AWS Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

30 minute telephone interview followed by a 90 minute face-to-face interview. Relatively standard procedure, explanation of the role, discussion of my experience, couple of hypothetical scenarios. Very receptive to questions from my side, seemed genuinely interested in building a good working environment with people who genuinely wanted to be there.

Interview Questions

• You have setup a NAT instance in AWS, have setup routing rules correctly, but are unable to connect to the internet from the private subnet. What is wrong?   1 Answer

Senior Storage Engineer SAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Hr interview they asked about background, day to day of my recent work, languages then technical phone interview and manager interview. They asked very detailed performance questions. It was about 5 questions.

Enterprise Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews then a face to face. Spoke with HR initially then with the hiring manager. Both were very pleasant to speak with and it seemed like a very nice company to work for. Hiring manager was honest and up front and painted a very good image of Rackspace.

Some misinformation from a different HR person (who has since been removed) tainted the experience but I think it would be a great place to work in general. Just didn't fit in with where I live due to the commute.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager knows his stuff and asked difficult questions.   1 Answer