Rackspace Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX | Glassdoor

3.4

197 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Backup Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Started off with a online hirevue interview that was really basic a week later got interview at castle. 2 interviews both with 2 people each one was for personality the other was for technical skill, very basic questions were asked for technical part. Only one question actually regarding backups was asked the rest was navigating in Linux and windows

Customer Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview with Team Lead 1 on 1. If successful, 2nd interview with 2 higher-ups. If successful, you get a call and get on-boarded, otherwise, you get a call that states you were not good enough.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to a customer after accidentally deleting his entire e-mail history / account?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between IMAP & POP3?   Answer Question

Customer Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Very disappointed with how they deny people who work hard. Seemed to me they were looking for their next "friend" instead of a hard worker. Bad questions too, seemed childish.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

2 hour interview that consists of two people doing a technical interview about your computer knowledge and the other two doing an about you personality portion. Each portion is one hour long. All of my interviewers were nice but I got a condescending vibe from one of them

Software Developer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The full process involves 5 rounds. Starts of with phone screening with HR, followed with coding exercise. I was given a full stack to build and submit it in 3 days no particular language.

After shortlisted, 3 hours onsite interview consisting of 3 rounds each last for one hour

Interview Questions

• Agile practices, technical challenges i faced, how do i decide on frameworks to use.   Answer Question

Virtualization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The first step in the interview process was a phone call asking about the usual stuff (desired salary, shifts available, etc). The next interview was specified to be another phone interview with a Sr. Engineer (or so as I was told).
    However, it turns out this interview was with an entire group of engineers and hiring manager, who all took turns asking me technical questions. This was entirely unexpected and felt like I was fighting for my life. I was told I would be brought in for another interview after a few more weeks to take the opportunity to learn more about virtualization. I was told it would be an interview with one Sr. Engineer and there was no mention of a technical interview.
    However, after attempting to contact them for an actual interview date, my email went unanswered. A few days later, I left a voicemail, which also went unanswered. The next day I received a reply that did not answer my question about scheduling. After replying with a repeat of my question, I received a reply that I was declined to move forward. This entire process has been unprofessional and disrespectful. The dishonesty in the kind of interview I would have combined with the lack of commitment/consistency in what I was told makes me happy not to pursue a position with them further.

Interview Questions

• How much time should there be between snapshots/backups?   Answer Question
    • What are the benefits of VLANs, and what situations would you use them in?   Answer Question

Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process included 2 phone calls and then 4 one hour panel interviews. Cross functional team interviews with Engineering, Sourcing, Legal and hiring Manager / Director. Overall, the interviewing team was searching for very direct answers to general questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you like the most and least about Sourcing?   1 Answer

Cst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Hirevue was easy to work on! Just a little challenging to interview your self! I prefer a face to face interview with a real person but I understand it's a Big company and must look through a lot of people!

Interview Questions

• Port numbers, how to respond to customer after deleting emails.   Answer Question

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process is as expected. Phone screen and panel interview. Rackers are really want to set you up for success as well as their teams. Don't be surprised if after reviewing your work history, skills and get to know you, that they recommend you for an alternative position that may be a better fit.

Intern II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume online, got a call from a recruiter that lasted about 15 minutes. Next was an email asking me to do a hireu video interview .. awkward and I thought I had bombed at that point. Next a week or so later got an email saying the team would like to interview me. Did a panel (3) interview over the phone and two days later a call to say they'd like to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• What is it about your prior experience that will help you in this role?   Answer Question