Rackspace Senior Software Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rackspace (Blacksburg, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

The recruiter contacted me regarding my application to the website nearly 6 weeks after I applied. Very pleasant conversation and was told the position involved also acting at the Director level. A phone interview was setup the next morning. I was contacted promptly at 9am. The person who contacted me communicated very poorly, spoke over a speaker phone, and was downright rude. I had to ask them to call me back without a speakerphone. Very disappointed. Complete disconnect here. The hiring managers needs did not match the job description and I was told my nearly 30 years of experience was not good enough for management. I was asked if I wanted to consider a developer position. Wow, did this person even look at my resume. There are too many warning signs here or maybe I had an isolated incident. The market is too competitive - there are much better organizations to work for.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage a team of developers to rollout out software on a regular basis?   1 Answer