Rackspace Interview Questions in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England | Glassdoor

Rackspace Interview Questions in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Center Operation Technician II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview starts off in a calm manor, they made me feel comfortable straight away by making jokes and making me laugh.

It is not your typical interview it is more like a friendly chat, this made everything a lot easier. they were more interested in my as a person as well as my technical level and skills.
    This was by far the best interview i have ever attended and after the interview because of the interviewers personalities, it made me want the job even more.

After the interview they showed me the server room and explained everything about it, they then also asked me if i could improve anything and ask for my feedback.

Once this was done we went back to the room and i got asked a few more technical questions.

I actually enjoyed the interview so i cant wait to start the job and meet more people in the company!

Data Centre Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rackspace (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Through Job referral.
    On arrival asked to draw/write anything on a plain sheet with pencil and pens while awaiting interviewers. The atmosphere was cordial, but most of the questions were not scoped to the job requirements. Interview somewhat boring and some questions were repetitive, lasted for about one hour 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you came across billion of pounds?   Answer Question
    • Your colleague slipped on a cable and a server got disconnected from it's node, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about your weakness.
      What would your former Boss say about you?   Answer Question
    • if a colleague is disruptive and quarrelsome, how would you handle that?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you contributed positively to your former employers business?   Answer Question

Data Centre Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

I went into the Rackspace building for an interview feeling quite nervous (at least at first), mainly because I feel that the position I am applying for would be a stepping stone to help get me on the path to where I want to get to. It would provide the resources, and hopefully a stable foundation while I work on my own personal aspirations (given the time), also being apart of a company that seems to always strive on getting better, being apart of something that i think is great, feels good too. Even better if they are doing this for their Country, and not just for themselves.

The nerves shortly settled as the two staff members conducting the interview helped provide a relaxing atmosphere, even though it seemed they were constantly reading me, I still felt confortable even if feeling completely transparent and potentially vunerable at times, the staff members showed understanding, curiousity, reassurance and encouragement they were also able to help me understand certain concepts using their skills, through teaching, i learnt (thank you Scott for explaining the RAID in a way I could take on board).

Even though I made some errors in the interview the critism I recieved back I thought was fair, and even though I may have been disapointed with myself at times they helped lift up my mood slightly by complementing me on one of my strenghts during the interview which i feel helped me, understand and move on and not let it hinder the rest of the interview, which i think was a good technique.

All this helped make the interview easier, for me as the person being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Why I was out of work for so long before applying to Rackspace   1 Answer

Data Centre Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rackspace in November 2013,
    Interview Details – Preliminaries:

I was looking for my first entry level role in the IT industry after many years of experience in retail. I initially applied for the position of Windows Systems Administrator on the Rackspace Careers website. Although I was proactively seeking certification during this time (had already passed the first of two exam of Comptia A+), I wasn't expecting a response back as most jobs it seemed required 'x' years of experience and a multitude of qualifications, thought I may get a standard generic email like all the other companies send out.

What Happened Next:

I received a call a day or two later from HR explaining that my current level of skills, qualifications and experience didn't match the requirements that they were looking for, which I entirely agreed with. However, he then proceeded to tell me that they had a more entry level position working in their data centre that I may be interested in applying for. I expressed my interest in this data centre role and then was asked if I could participate in a technical telephone assessment there and then, which I agreed to.

The telephone assessment comprised of many questions related to Windows, Linux, hardware (troubleshooting) and networking. I managed to pass this assessment and was then invited for an interview the next week.

Interview Preparation:

I visited the Rackspace Careers website to get a deeper understanding of the company; I research its roots, products and services, especially there core values etc. There were a great load of resources on the website including videos which impressed me a lot.

The Interview:

I had one interviewer on the day, who was very friendly, honest and easy to talk to. I was offered a cold drink before proceeding to the interview room. It was very relaxed; something that I wasn't used to from past interviews. I was asked a series of questions relating to my past experience, current interests and goals. I was then asked technical and scenario based questions which tested how I would react to particular situations. Overall, I thought it was a very well rounded interview; I felt like they actually wanted to get to know me as an individual in addition to testing for my technical competency. Was shown around the data centre and was asked if I had any ideas on how to improve the data centre.
    Overall experience was amazing have I never been to an interview which made me feel very welcome and really took interest in my character and personal values and not just what I had achieved academically.

Was given plenty of constructive and positive feedback which was great.

Interview Questions

• Interview Question – You are currently in the data centre and the phone rings and an email appears at the same time. You are alone (no other staff nearby). What do you do?   1 Answer

Data Centre Operations Technician Level I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rackspace (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

Preliminaries:

I was looking for my first entry level role in the IT industry after many years of experience in retail. I initially applied for the position of Windows Systems Administrator on the Rackspace Careers website. Although I was proactively seeking certification during this time (had already attained entry level MTAs in Windows 7 Operating System Fundamentals, HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals and Networking Fundamentals through self study), I wasn't expecting a response back as most jobs it seemed required 'x' years of experience and a multitude of qualifications.

What Happened Next:

I received a call a day or two later from HR explaining that my current level of skills, qualifications and experience didn't match the requirements that they were looking for, which I entirely agreed with. However, he then proceeded to tell me that they had a more entry level position working in their data centre that I may be interested in applying for. I expressed my interest in this data centre role and then was asked if I could participate in a technical telephone assessment there and then.

Interview Preparation:

I visited the Rackspace Careers website to get a deeper understanding of the company; I research its roots, products and services, core values etc. There were a great load of resources on the website including videos and CloudU which impressed me a lot.

The Interview:

I had two interviewers on the day; both of whom were very friendly, honest and easy to talk to. It was very sunny and hot outside and because I didn't want to be late, I ran for a bit of my journey there. Consequently, I was sweating a fair bit when I got in (not good especially just before the interview!). However, I was offered a cold drink which cooled me down quite a bit before proceeding to the interview room. It was very relaxed; something that I wasn't used to from past interviews. I was asked a series of questions relating to my past experience, current interests and goals. I was then asked technical and scenario based questions which tested how I would react to particular situations. Overall, I thought it was a very well rounded interview; I felt like they actually wanted to get to know me as an individual in addition to testing for my technical competency.

Interview Questions

• You are currently talking to a customer on the phone, dealing with a technical issue. All of a sudden, you hear the other phone ring. You are alone (no other staff nearby). What do you do?   Answer Question

DCOPS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace (Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)) in September 2010.

Interview

Initial Communication:
    I was called 2 days after submitting my application to ask if I was available for a telephone interview, or if not when would be a good time. This was a series of questions about: Networking; Hardware; OS (Windows & Linux);

Planning:
    I prepped up on the Company itself; its Employee Values; Business trending etc

Interviews:
    There were 2 interviews for me; the 1st was the technical phone assessment and secondly there was an assessment day testing on Team Building; Technical Skills; Personality profiling etc.

Perception:
    The Assessers were friendly and open; no overt pressure. During the Interview phase itself there was a panel of 3 all of whom worked in an 'Interogation style' to ask choice / personality questions more than anything else. They described the job I was working for; asked me what the minimum Salary I would work for was, then asked me if they offered me less would I take it etc; the key focus, from their end, was what would I bring to the table - they knew what they were offering and were happy to tell me, but they wanted to know why I was the right candidate. They were open saying that if they didn't find anyone that made them go 'wow' in the assessment day they would decline all and just start again - the quality of the hire was more important that filling the spots on an interim basis.

The office and work culture were extremely personalised; everyone was having a great time and no one held back from introducing themselves or helping out. Everybody was keen to set the right expectation when talking to the interviewees and showing them around.

Interview Questions

• If I was to give you the job right now, who would you want to work for Me or [GUY NEXT TO HIM']   1 Answer