Rackspace Software Developer III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rackspace Software Developer III Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter few days after submitting my resume on rackspace careers site. One round of take home programming challenge followed by in person interview at their Austin, TX office. Data structures (graph and tree traversal), algorithm (processing a matrix) related programming problems. 3 hour-long interview sessions on the in-person round with people at various roles (manager, lead programmer, other programmers etc). More coding problems on the in-person interview as well.

Recruiter was very responsive. Interviewers were very friendly and prepared. I heard back from the recruiter the next day and offer came through few days later.

Interview Questions

• multi threading, multi processing and async programming in python. Database related questions. Questions about previous roles and experience.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Contact made through a recruiter. Phone interview went well, could tell the interviewer was not very experienced. Couple of questions were confusing because of terminology mix up.

Went into the technical interview, which was a four hour process. Several technical interview questions that were from CS 101 classes, Binary trees, searches, Sorts, Data Structures etc. Second meeting was with managers. They mainly vented about frustration with corporate culture, little unprofessional, but what the heck. Second management meeting, they also vented frustrations about culture and inability for upper management to make decisions. By the third interview, I had decided that this was probably not a great fit for me. The fourth interview was technical and had nothing to do with any experience I had on my resume. Was asked if I knew how memory was mapped by the Java virtual machine. Pretty much looked the interviewer in the eye and said "Nope!". Decided I would not be giving up my day job to make a move to Rackspace.

If you really want to work there, I suggest pulling out your Data Structures book and some go through some algorithm review. Best of luck.

Interview Questions

The corporate culture is a little to chaotic. It felt a little to unstable.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I had a very positive interview process but was involved with interviewing other candidates. Some of those interviews were not conducted in what I consider a pleasant manner. This could be because I had a huge portfolio and lots of code sample. We had a hard time finding good candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would I convert an Array to an Object or vica-versa?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told I would have 10 days of vacation upon signing which was not the case. I was offered 10K less than market average and accepted because I was told historically the yearly bonus has been $20-$30K. This year it's $4K.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

2 phone interviews - one with recruiter, one with 2 team members.
    1 onsite interview
    1 coding exercise with an allotted time constraint of four hours. Submittal was to Github account.

Software Developer III Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace in May 2009.

Interview

Basic questions in phone interview. After that there were interviews with 2-3 developers. No hard questions, mostly behavioral ones. Technical questions were alarmingly trivia based (what does X mean in c#) which seems to imply they are looking for knowledge rather than ability to learn. Developers seemed friendly enough. Was given another test to do over a 48hr period.

String focus on OOP and design and nearly none on algorithms.

Interview Questions

• Define encapsulation.   1 Answer
    • What's the difference between inteface and abstract.   1 Answer

Interview wasn't hard enough