Rackspace Systems Administrator II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rackspace Systems Administrator II Interview Questions

3.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rackspace (Austin, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

First of all its been said its easier to get into Harvard then it is to get into Rackspace. I have been in contact with them for 3 different jobs. All of which I have had lengthy and multiple phone interviews. First is the initial meet and greet phone call and a discussion of the position applying for. Second was a general initial skills assessment. Third was a 1.5 hour in-depth skill test with a senior tech. Fourth is a follow up phone screen with general results. Fifth would have been an in house panel interview. But I decline before the panel interview because their salary offering is generally 10k lower than the typical mean for the industry.

Interview Questions

• all technical questions. Mainly typical major technologies in general. Such as "Exchange, Clustering, Linux, IIS, SQL, AD (DNS). etc."   Answer Question

salary offer was very low. $10k less than previous positions of equal or lesser experience required.

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Was not happy with the interview process. Their question were vague, and they were looking for the perfect answers. Lot of question about what to type in CMD to get information about servers, but were very vague. Also question about raid and port number. You have to think very basic for the ans. And there is only one right ans. Also question about MySQL extensions. I have degree in computer science and work as system admin for 8 years. But it was so basic that i need to go back to my books and memorize every small details to go threw this interview. I hate this kind of interview process because it has nothing to do with my experience and the job i am applying for.

Interview Questions

• What are the port number for smtp, ftp and http   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

The process for vetting potential new hires is something that they take very seriously. They are proud of the fact that they are choosy in their hiring and it shows in the processes used. I will say that it is refreshing to see a company spend time in this area.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were difficult and out of the ordinary. They seek to ask questions that make you think and not just respond I work well.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in March 2009.

Interview

Interviews were very technical and long. Lots of questions about all aspects of computers, internet, and hosting. You feel very drained after each one! The in-person interview, while still exhausting was very nice. The interviewers were very laid-back and easy to talk with. Just a word of advice, their dess code.. well doesn't exist... so you might show up in a suit and the interviewer is wearing a muscle shirt, cut-off shorts and flip-flops! (Yeah, happened to me on my 1st interview!) Great compant though!

Systems Administrator II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rackspace in April 2010.

Interview

Basic HR and technical interview