KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Rackspace Technology Windows Systems Administrator II Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 25 of over 620 interviews

Employee Referral13%
3.8
HardAverageEasy

Rackspace Technology

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rackspace Technology in Mar 2016

Interview

The Modern Electronic Interview Process: You have you download an app, Then you talk to that app. answer questions on the App. They will let you know if you are able to be hired. What a Bunch of cold blooded Impersonal one sided bunch of crap!

7 people found this interview helpful

Rackspace Technology

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace Technology

Interview

Three phone interviews. One on-site. They paid for flight and hotel. ~5 hour interview with 6 people (3 groups of 2). Overall, a fairly painless experience. Amazon was far more taxing. If your going to interview, don't be stressed; it won't be difficult.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you overcame a difficult situation in the workplace. Blah blah blah.
    1 Answer

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Rackspace Technology

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace Technology in Apr 2015

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter within 9 hours of applying with my resume. Ended up taking four interviews total.[5 weeks] So if you are browsing here like I was mid-process, HAVE HOPE! Interviews will differ from position to position so make sure and focus on your core-area. They will drill your arsehole in the area which you are applying for(..expectedly) so prep as if it were an exam. However, do not script answers like a door-knob. Nobody likes that.

Interview Questions
  • If we handed you the remote and we asked you to put something on the TV, what would you put on?
1 person found this interview helpful

Rackspace Technology

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace Technology in Feb 2015

Interview

- At all times I was contacted promptly (less than a week) by an internal recruiter. - Phone screening of 60 minutes with a senior team member. Ours actually went on longer because we went onto more discussion. The person conducting the screening is now a teammate. Conversation was open and informal. - Two interviews of "an hour" each - technical one slightly overran, manger one considerably overran. In both cases I think this was a good sign. - Technical interview was with three people who are now colleagues, and was pretty much about open-ended discussion of scenarios. Atmosphere was supportive and was designed to get the best out of applicant, rather than trip them up, and was more about examining grasp of principles and architecture than going into nitty-gritty of specific features. - Managerial interview was all about considering fit into the company. The company's core values are publicly available and, although I was initially skeptical about this because it seems a little kitsch, these values are a pretty good formulation of what to screen on. - There was one "offbeat" task given while I waited for the first interview. I wouldn't want to spoil it for applicants, but I'd advise to just have fun and go with it. I doubt that doing badly on this task would harm your chances, but I pretty much nailed it and was able to make it a good discussion in the interview - Job offer arrived two working days later

Interview Questions
  • Scenario question relating to design of an HA MS SQL environment, with whiteboard provided.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace Technology (San Antonio, TX) in Oct 2014

Interview

First screen call is easy, more like get to know you and what your goals are. Then Technical phone call, questions about networking, Storage RAID, windows commands, Ports, etc. Then a 3rd interview with 1hr with managers and then 2hrs more technical advance questions.