Rackspace Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Rackspace Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.2

Lead Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Three job interview rounds with senior management. The whole process took approximately 4 weeks and first job interview was over phone. I had my doubts during interview since based on my questions Rackspace doesn’t implemented a lot of common processes but at the end I choose Rackspace mainly because of people that I spoke with.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with issues in your team?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer junior or senior people in your team?   1 Answer

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online directly and assumed I had not been selected as it was 3 weeks before Talent acquisition contacted me to invite me to an initial call with her.

Stage one was a fairly standard screening call, talking about my experience etc. c.10 minutes. A couple of days later I was invited to a telephone interview with the hiring manager. This was similar again but in a touch more detail, he was keen to talk about the role from his perspective to ensure I understood it and to check for a good fit. c.20 minutes.

Final stage was a panel interview at Rackspace in Hayes. I interviewed with three members of staff - two managers and an existing SDM. c.90 minutes. Interview was friendly and relaxed. The lines of questioning ranged from situational competence based questions to cultural fit, to career goals. Culture is important, and you can tell they are keen to put you at ease as well as ensure you'll add to the good feeling around the office.

Although I missed out on the final offer, communication was strong throughout with detailed feedback given by phone a few days later which was really useful. Although I wish the outcome was different, it was a positive experience that left the company in a great light in my eyes.

Lead Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Prefiltered by an agency. A strictly technical phone call with diverse questions and expected to know the answer for most. Interview on location took about 3 hours. This included a quick presentation about a theoretical customer and their problems, as if presenting to the customer. Then another round of more in-depth technical questions and hypothetical problems/issues. Then a general talk about personal ways and background. Before the final decision, I also had another phone interview with the future manager for personal assessment.

Interview Questions

• A lot and diverse, real-life problems and situations were presented that were related to the role. Also got a bunch of question that probed about deeper knowledge of systems/protocols/architectures/etc.Views on how to handle certain problems and situation on technical, customer and company level.   1 Answer

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Had a telephone interview.
    Lots of questions on measurement and KPIs. They seem like a very effective marketing team from the outside. Big marketing team which has channel specialists.
    Very quick to come back with feedback.

AWS Operations Engineer - Linux Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Hayes, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Rackspace UK interview process for AWS Operations Engineer Linux is very fair:
    1) Initial phone screen with a recruiter (10 min)
    2) Phone screen with the hiring manager (30 min)
    3) Video interview with 2 Managers (1 hour about your fit in the company) and 2 technical staff (1 hour with general Linux questions and AWS questions)
    4) On site interview (2 hours with AWS technical break-fix challenge and cloud infrastructure deployment)
    All the interviewers were very friendly.
    The interview process will really test if you have the knowledge to do the job. You need to have real AWS experience to get a job offer.

Interview Questions

• AWS network break-fix challenge and build a cloud infrastructure deployment template.   Answer Question

Low salary was offered.

Network Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Hayes, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial Screening from recruiter
    Phone Interview with Team Manager
    Face to Face 3 hour Interview + Practical skills assessment
    Be prepared to answer multiple questions from different team members and there was a curve ball question where they asked you to draw a picture that represents you.

Interview Questions

• General Networking Questions Prepare to CCNP level including heavy amount of BGP/MPLS   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good Offer no negotiation required

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayes, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace (Hayes, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

3 stage interview.

1st stage is a technical interview with one of your future colleagues. The covers a variety of topics and technologies which are required for the role.

2nd stage is a technical interview with 2 of your future colleagues who would be more senior. This covers a lot of the same topics.

3rd stage is a 30-minute chat with a member of HR and the Manager from your future department.

Interview Questions

• All questions were scenario based and covered routing, switching, load balancing (F5) including iRules, Firewalls (VPN).   1 Answer

Online Sales and Marketing Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Hayes, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very casual, interviewed with two managers
    We were asked to bring a small item that represents ourself prior to the interview then we had to explain it
    General interview questions were asked, there was a relaxed environment
    - fairly easy and open
    lasted for about 45 minutes before getting a tour of the offices

AWS Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

30 minute telephone interview followed by a 90 minute face-to-face interview. Relatively standard procedure, explanation of the role, discussion of my experience, couple of hypothetical scenarios. Very receptive to questions from my side, seemed genuinely interested in building a good working environment with people who genuinely wanted to be there.

Interview Questions

• You have setup a NAT instance in AWS, have setup routing rules correctly, but are unable to connect to the internet from the private subnet. What is wrong?   1 Answer

Senior Storage Engineer SAN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Hr interview they asked about background, day to day of my recent work, languages then technical phone interview and manager interview. They asked very detailed performance questions. It was about 5 questions.