Rackspace Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

3.2

67 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Interview

This is the first time I have ever left a review on Glassdoor. I was interviewed by a senior member of the HR team. Coming from the tech sector, I was horrified in how bigoted and fixed the process was. I felt like I'd been transported back some 20 years. I think the whole team need a shake up if they want to compete with other players in the market!! Disgraceful!

Interview Questions

• It was simply a talk me through your CV, then total annihilation and disbelief on reasons for leaving previous organisations.   1 Answer

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Telephone interview and then if you pass that you have a face-to-face interview split into two halves: a technical interview with team members and a management interview with a couple of managers.

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Hayes, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

2x face to face interviews followed by a presentation on a successful deal and the current market opportunity for Rackspace.

Enjoyable and relaxed process (as long as you do your homework)

Windows Support Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process consisted of two stages, first a telephone interview where I was tested in generic windows knowledge, many questions are asked covering: generic OS, active directory, SQL server, IIS server, Network.
    The second stage interview was a face to face and I was asked to design a diagram of a possible infrastructure scenario

Lead Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (Hayes, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Didn't apply for the role, being headhunted via Linkedin. Rather unpleasant face to face experience, hostile and dismissive attitude, technically challenging but in the wrong way. Presentation prepared upon request but part interviewer was unprepared about it. Proposed solutions for a zero-downtime migration with insisting questions pointing to the final discovery that downtime was to be factored in according to the dimensions of the database to be transferred. Which my solution was completely avoiding. I guess the interviewer was too busy tapping on his phone while I was speaking. Quite unprofessional, if you ask me. Possibly not a good fit and not expecting a job offer, which I would not accept anyway.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the downtime required to perform this database migration?   2 Answers

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with in house recruiter, technical phone screen and then three face to face interviews.

Interview based around project experience and whiteboarding skills. Panel consisted of team members you'd be working with. Atmosphere was quite hostile and too technically focused. Wouldn't accept my views on risk management and business requirements, seemed to think that you have to tell the customer what to do, in spite of their views and needs. Just seemed to want to keep tripping me up. Very poor.

Refused to reimburse travel expenses.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about your latest project and what you could have done differently?   1 Answer

Lead Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Three job interview rounds with senior management. The whole process took approximately 4 weeks and first job interview was over phone. I had my doubts during interview since based on my questions Rackspace doesn’t implemented a lot of common processes but at the end I choose Rackspace mainly because of people that I spoke with.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with issues in your team?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer junior or senior people in your team?   1 Answer

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online directly and assumed I had not been selected as it was 3 weeks before Talent acquisition contacted me to invite me to an initial call with her.

Stage one was a fairly standard screening call, talking about my experience etc. c.10 minutes. A couple of days later I was invited to a telephone interview with the hiring manager. This was similar again but in a touch more detail, he was keen to talk about the role from his perspective to ensure I understood it and to check for a good fit. c.20 minutes.

Final stage was a panel interview at Rackspace in Hayes. I interviewed with three members of staff - two managers and an existing SDM. c.90 minutes. Interview was friendly and relaxed. The lines of questioning ranged from situational competence based questions to cultural fit, to career goals. Culture is important, and you can tell they are keen to put you at ease as well as ensure you'll add to the good feeling around the office.

Although I missed out on the final offer, communication was strong throughout with detailed feedback given by phone a few days later which was really useful. Although I wish the outcome was different, it was a positive experience that left the company in a great light in my eyes.

Lead Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Prefiltered by an agency. A strictly technical phone call with diverse questions and expected to know the answer for most. Interview on location took about 3 hours. This included a quick presentation about a theoretical customer and their problems, as if presenting to the customer. Then another round of more in-depth technical questions and hypothetical problems/issues. Then a general talk about personal ways and background. Before the final decision, I also had another phone interview with the future manager for personal assessment.

Interview Questions

• A lot and diverse, real-life problems and situations were presented that were related to the role. Also got a bunch of question that probed about deeper knowledge of systems/protocols/architectures/etc.Views on how to handle certain problems and situation on technical, customer and company level.   1 Answer

Marketing Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

Had a telephone interview.
    Lots of questions on measurement and KPIs. They seem like a very effective marketing team from the outside. Big marketing team which has channel specialists.
    Very quick to come back with feedback.