Rackspace Windows Systems Administrator I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rackspace Windows Systems Administrator I Interview Questions

3.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Lengthy 3 call tech screening (increasing difficulty in questions each call), after the phone calls I was asked to come in for a minimum of 2 hour panel/group interview. Grueling tech questionnaire followed by a character quiz.

Interview Questions

• what is your irrational fear   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Rackspace

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online for several of the Windows System Administrator positions. Have a contact on the inside that forwarded my resume to one of the hiring managers. Hiring manager emailed me and asked to speak with me by phone. Had a 30 minute conversation with him, gave some overal Rackspace information/shift options - more of a 'get to know you' kind of phone call. He then sent my information on the Recruiter. Heard from the Recruiter the next day. Had a phone screen with her lasting about 30/45 minutes which involved a technical screen consisting of about 20 questions. Answers to most questions were given at the time, had a good feel of how I did technically at the time of the call.

Recruiter said she would set up a more technical phone screen with a team Lead. Call was scheduled for 1 hour, only took about 30 or so minutes. During all phone calls, I was asked what I knew about Rackspace, why I wanted to work for them, etc. The phone screen with the Lead had more difficult and more in depth questions. He said he had to pass the information back on to the Recruiter and I should hear something shortly.

Recruiter called back the following day and said she was going to set me up with a face to face interview. Meeting was scheduled for 1.5 hours (2-45 minute sessions), more technical/team fit interviews. Met with Manager I spoke with initially along with another Manager. How would you handle/customer interactions/angry customer questions.....

The following day, the Recruiter called back and stated she wanted me to meet with some team Leads from the 3rd shift (I applied for several positions, one of which was a 3rd shift). Met with two Leads at 11pm at night for about an hour. This meeting was more of a get to know you, how will you work with our team kind of thing.....comfortable, and easy. Talked about how I'm prepared to handle 3rd shift work. A lot of emphasis on working 3rd shift evironments. Overall, the process was pretty in depth and you can surely get a feel of what Rackspace culture is! They for sure want to make sure everyone can work together as a TEAM.

Do your research about the company and their culture. Read up on their blog, facebook, anywhere you can get information about the company. This will help.

Received an offer from the Recruiter 2 days after the 11pm interview. Will start 60 days after offer was made.

Interview Questions

• I wasnt really thrown off by anything they asked. The "hardest" question I was asked was how to deal with an irate customer...which was easy to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rackspace (San Antonio, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview process is thorough and somewhat tough -- but designed to insure that qualified candidates are placed in the correct jobs for which they are applying.

Interview Questions

• In-depth IIS knowledge is a plus.   1 Answer

Negotiation

SImple -- I took the job!

Windows Systems Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied on a note UK Job Portal and the same day a recruiter contacted me via Email. After some emails this person gave to follow up my selection to another woman from HR department who was very Junior as profile. She called me once and we agreed a date for the telephone interview, she also left me a message that she did not know what to say. Anyway after some days I did the interview with a 2nd line. The interview involve a lot of prepared questions that they use as template for every technical interview through the phone. Normally you should go there prepared for the most common technologies that they work with, like: IIS, SQL, TCP/IP ecc ecc. It took exactly 1 hour. Basically more questions you answer more point you get. Not sure about my score as nobody let me know anything therefore I sent them an email for info without any answer also if they say feel free to contact me for any queries. However logged on the portal and as every good investigator that works in the IT environment I discovered that my application from "in review" went to "not selected". This my experience with Rackspace, I am a bit disappointed.

Interview Questions

• What Happens When Hard Disk Fails in RAID 5 ?   1 Answer

Windows Systems Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hayes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rackspace (Hayes, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

Smooth and very relaxed. Technical was tough but fair.
    Phone interview was more informal. Definitely one of the interviews I have ever had. Hiring manager was very welcoming which gave me an insight of the culture.

Interview Questions

• What does this picture represent to you   1 Answer

Windows Systems Administrator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rackspace (London, England (UK)) in June 2010.

Interview

Overall the interviewer started with general questions such as salary, why Rackspace, previous work and moved onto a 50 question technical interview which lasted about 50 minutes on the phone. The interviewer was not a tech person and all my answers were matched to a list of answers that the interviewer had.