Radian Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Radian Group

2.7

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Radian Group (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview process consisted of two phone interviews and a final "super day", with 3 back-to-back interviews in-office. Phone interviews were straight-forward, going through basic qualifications and company info.
    Final interview(s):
    Person 1: Interview by someone in same position. Questions were more analytically-based, difficult, but as long as you showed your process it was fine
    Person 2: Would-be direct boss. Lots of brain teaser questions, interview was much more conversational.
    Person 3: 'General Manager' type guy. Behavioral interview, straight-forward.

Interview Questions

• What's the current mortgage rate in the industry? (you either know it or you don't)   Answer Question

I chose a grad school program instead.

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Radian Group (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received call within 24 hrs for brief Interview with recruiter. Then received Proficiency Test related to underwriting proficiency and technique as well as standard guideline knowledge, then interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical underwriting technique and scenario questions related to credit review, guideline search and application as well as income and self employment analysis. Focused on prioritizing and time management skills for remote position.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

Applied to job posting on Linked In. Company recruiter contacted me for a 30 minute phone screen to confirm my background matched the role requirements. Then went on face to face interviews with hiring manager and appropriate potential colleagues, each lasting 45-60 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about at time when you had to overcome political objectives to business initiatives   Answer Question

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Radian Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

HR at Radian is very inviting, but thorough. Be sure to be honest and personable. Even though you are interviewing with managers, they are people and they seem to enjoy meeting qualified people, not robots.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you need to improve on most as an employee   Answer Question

Negotiation

There offer was a firm set one. There wasn't any room for negotiations.

Senior Quality Assurance Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Radian Group (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2012.

Interview

I had to meet with all members of the management team as well as HR. A condition of employment was to take an underwriting aptitude test that was centered around Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines. Once the test was taken and passed the recruiter from human resources offered me the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were easy. The interview seemed more like a series of pleasant conversations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotion was easy. I received an offer, I countered the offer. Human Resources told me that they would call me back with an answer. Within 15 minutes I received a higher offer.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Radian Group in April 2012.

Interview

The HR recruiter was great! Very detailed and hands on. Always responded to any email or phone call made.

Interview Questions

• "Explain a difficult situation and how you overcame it".   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was negotiable. Bid high and they will meet you in the middle.

Remote Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Radian Group (Laguna Niguel, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

They require you do a phone interview detailing all of your background, then they make you wait weeks. Then they give you a difficult test with trick questions and make you jump through hoops. If you pass the test then they set up a phone interview where again they ask you some of the same questions and more.30 yrs in this business, a hard working individual with superior knowledge who has even worked art FNMA on a contract stint but I wasn't good enough to hire on a contract basis. Since then I have received several calls from agencies trying to find people for Radian. I'm sure I dodged a bullet. Very disappointed in the process.

Interview Questions

• FHLMC questions which were unexpected.   1 Answer

Credit Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Radian Group (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Phone interview contains basic probability question.
    Onsite interview: basic behavior questions, ask background and experience, brain teasers, math questions, simulation and basic programming.
    I don't think the interviewer understand the problem they are asking.

Escrow Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Radian Group.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me regarding this job. I had interviewed with company when they were under another name last year. A full year went by when this recruiter recently contacted me. Seems the position has been unfilled a full year. I'm more than qualified but company won't consider me. Guess they are not that desperate to fill position. I think it's age discrimination because I'm over 50.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked. They refused to interview me even though I meet the qualifications and the position has been open for a year. Age discrimination is alive and well.   Answer Question

Manager Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Radian Group in June 2008.

Interview

They interviewed two people and then decided not to hire anyone.